Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach is Back!

Does anyone have any news on the release dates for the Beach in the UK? All the bumph said end October... sadly, another deadline not met. And no indication when it will be.
If there’s no clarity soon. I’m off to look at the competition.
I was told nothing had been released today.

Does anyone have any news on the release dates for the Beach in the UK? All the bumph said end October... sadly, another deadline not met. And no indication when it will be.
If there’s no clarity soon. I’m off to look at the competition.

Have you priced up your spec on Drive the Deal?

I’m tempted by Beach Camper with
Indium
3 seat Bench
Pan Bellows
Privacy
Fogs
LED’s
Comfort Mattress
Climatronic
Rear Cam
18” Teresina
Winter Pack +
80 Litre Tank

DtD = £55,699.14

Indium
3 seat Bench
Pan Bellows
Privacy
Fogs
LED’s
Comfort Mattress
Climatronic
Rear Cam
18” Teresina
Winter Pack +
80 Litre Tank

DtD = £55,699.14
Can you actually spec a 3 seat bench on the Beach Camper? Previous posts suggested this wasn’t possible, at least not in Germany, with the only way of getting three seats to go for the Beach Tour. I would be surprised that something not possible for German models is possible for UK

Can you actually spec a 3 seat bench on the Beach Camper? Previous posts suggested this wasn’t possible, at least not in Germany, with the only way of getting three seats to go for the Beach Tour. I would be surprised that something not possible for German models is possible for UK
I didn’t think it would be available and we won’t know for sure until VW UK release some official information but Drive the Deal has some very detailed options that all seem to match and correspond with what we do already know about the Beach Spec.

Yes, just looked at DTD and see it there as a £180 option on the Camper for the 3 seater bench. I guess we’ll have to wait and see whether that’s true.

On a separate note, the price is ridiculous in comparison to the Coast. I realise they are slightly different beasts, but the profit margin will be much higher on Beach versus Coast if those prices and spec are correct, eg. no parking heater as standard.

Indium
3 seat Bench
Pan Bellows
Privacy
Fogs
LED’s
Comfort Mattress
Climatronic
Rear Cam
18” Teresina
Winter Pack +
80 Litre Tank

DtD = £55,699.14
Ha I think I selected exactly the same plus heater maybe?

What was the list price?
£61933 from replicating choices listed by @2haw.

Saving of £6233.86 off list.

I’ve just put the same spec through DTD but on a Coast and got to list of £64,021 and discounted price of £57,551. Hence my profit margin comment on Beach versus Coast.

The specific Teresina wheels are much more expensive upgrade on Coast versus Beach, so the figures would be even more interesting on Devonport alloys, with the Coast ending up very close to Beach Camper on like-for-like on spec except for the ‘free’ kitchen and 2 seat versus 3 seat bench!

Last edited:
2shaw Sorry if I’ve missed this earlier but are you wanting a T6.1 beach to replace T6 Beach and do you mind me asking why if so?

I’m still flipping between used T6 and new T6.1.
While I keep seeing basic spec T6’s in low £40k’s it’s pushing me towards new with the options I want. Even if £12k+ more and wait time.

2shaw Sorry if I’ve missed this earlier but are you wanting a T6.1 beach to replace T6 Beach and do you mind me asking why if so?

I’m still flipping between used T6 and new T6.1.
While I keep seeing basic spec T6’s in low £40k’s it’s pushing me towards new with the options I want. Even if £12k+ more and wait time.
I really like a change.. before buying a California, I changed virtually every year. I don’t drink much, don’t smoke and don’t put anything up my nose! It’s kinda my drug!
i bought my first Beach in 2016, had it 2 years and lost about 2k and even that was selling it to WBAC. I bought my current Beach in 2018 and If i sell it in Spring next year would hope to get around 42k for it. If I bought a new one, I would hope to get a slightly better spec.. 18” Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Pop hob, Black Seats, Parking Heater and Heated Seats. Although this will cost a few quid more, it will always be worth a few quid more!
We’ve also had 5 Fantastic French holidays in our Beaches and its been a great family vehicle to have with 3 kids.

Unless I’ve missed something really obvious... has anyone heard anything on UK beach availability!?

Unless I’ve missed something really obvious... has anyone heard anything on UK beach availability!?
As Tom Breeze says it’s available on the UK system tomorrow. (I just answered by reply to make sure you see the response)

Available to order from tomorrow!
Morning Tom, so it’s available to order from today but are you expecting some form of brochure or information you can send out to potential customers today? How will we know what comes as standard and what options are available without sitting down at your order screen?

Morning Tom, so it’s available to order from today but are you expecting some form of brochure or information you can send out to potential customers today? How will we know what comes as standard and what options are available without sitting down at your order screen?
Hi
Just had a look this morning, and it hasn’t gone live on the system. We have been told the brochures and customer configuration will be available the same day as it’s available to order. So at some point today this will happen just not sure when.

Tom

Hi
Just had a look this morning, and it hasn’t gone live on the system. We have been told the brochures and customer configuration will be available the same day as it’s available to order. So at some point today this will happen just not sure when.

Tom
Thank you

Hi

Tom
Any update for us Tom?

I would like to thank @Tomdbreeze for keeping us all up to date as best he can. It seems that he has been let down by VW Commercial - asking dealers to promote a Beach in the UK that would be available to order end of October... then nothing... then telling all the dealers (around 5th November) it would be available in the system Tuesday 10th November... and then it isn’t... diabolical from VW centrally, I hope people realise this is not the fault of local dealers...

I would like to thank @Tomdbreeze for keeping us all up to date as best he can. It seems that he has been let down by VW Commercial - asking dealers to promote a Beach in the UK that would be available to order end of October... then nothing... then telling all the dealers (around 5th November) it would be available in the system Tuesday 10th November... and then it isn’t... diabolical from VW centrally, I hope people realise this is not the fault of local dealers...
I agree. It’s great that Tom comes on here to help and give us as much information as possible.

It’s a shame that VW UK doesn’t sponsor this forum and post on here any news about the California. It’s without doubt the best place for any potential new Cali owner to gain information!

This has honestly annoyed me all day, as I said would of been today. Has made me look a little foolish, when I’m back in on Thursday I hope to give you guys an update!

This has honestly annoyed me all day, as I said would of been today. Has made me look a little foolish, when I’m back in on Thursday I hope to give you guys an update!
You can’t take tomorrow off! Get back to work and look out for Beach news!

Back