Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Beach is Back!

Anyone got any updates on when the Beach will be available to order (In UK)? They said end of October... so must be this week sometime? :Nailbiting

Anyone got any updates on when the Beach will be available to order (In UK)? They said end of October... so must be this week sometime? :Nailbiting
Keep checking on here expecting to see something!! Will be contacting SMG tomorrow but will be disappointed if it’s not released by Friday evening!

Keep checking on here expecting to see something!! Will be contacting SMG tomorrow but will be disappointed if it’s not released by Friday evening!
Please post back as soon as you hear. I will too.

@2haw ... any luck on when ‘end of October’ means to VW?

Spoke to SMG twice today (at 5pm) and they have had no further information from VWUK. :(

The beach camper/tours specs and prices are available on drive the deal site hopefully they are accurate. No idea why they show up there before Vw!
Just taken a look on DtD and they show that the Camper version is available with the option of the 3 seat bench at £180.

All of the other options seem to correspond with what we already knew.

17” wheels Standard.
No Awning option on Camper (as its included as standard)
Additional 2 seats available on Tour.
Only 1 on Camper.

Makes you wonder how DTD know but VW dealers don’t.. perfectly sums up VW UK!

I was looking at the cost difference vs the coast since I have one on order but by the time you add the parking heater and lights/vision pack price difference is not all that significant. Have to add 17" alloys to coast for fair comparison as well. I made it out as £1500 hundred or so saving for beach camper over coast.

Additional VED on tour version makes it more expensive.

I was looking at the cost difference vs the coast since I have one on order but by the time you add the parking heater and lights/vision pack price difference is not all that significant. Have to add 17" alloys to coast for fair comparison as well. I made it out as £1500 hundred or so saving for beach camper over coast.

Additional VED on tour version makes it more expensive.
It boils down to what you want / need for your circumstances.

Drive the deal don’t know they are purely going off other option costs that are on the ocean or coast. What they are quoting isn’t accurate

Drive the deal don’t know they are purely going off other option costs that are on the ocean or coast. What they are quoting isn’t accurate
If that’s the case, they must of taken a flyer with the 3 seat Bench at £180? Not available on any other Cali?

They also state California Winter Pack Plus. Seems a bit too specific to me.

I think they have some inside information and may know more than you Tom!

741BB187-686F-49D4-BEDF-FD4838DE06FD.jpeg

Was hoping to get a spec I would want for 54k (with discount) but it’s not going to happen.

Once again, to spec it to a similar level to the Ocean, it would come more expensive but without the full kitchen or the electric roof.

Looks like a very poor and unbecoming response to me.

It boils down to what you want / need for your circumstances.

I totally agree Alison,

having had a CaliO I’m sure you are well aware of what will fit your particular needs best.

The Kitchen is only useful if:
A: you want it because you think you will use it
B: your going to use the kitchen based on how you will use the van
C: you don’t want / need variable configurable space.
D: you don’t want / need the ability to carry additional passenger over and above three persons. (Or dogs)

The Beach comes into its own when you want lots of additional configurable space that the kitchen / cupboards would otherwise take up & severely limit the possible flexibility of various and variable configurations.

comparing apples with pears is of no use & becomes somewhat irrelevant to a prospective beach owner.

U.K. consumers will be blessed with a Choice of four Cali configurations soon (hopefully) giving a wide and varying choice to the user / consumer which can only be a good thing.
The age old debate about Beach v Ocean still rolls on, Beach owners don’t want a Kitchen with all that loss of space, Ocean / coast owners / prospective owners, in the main, don’t get that argument or requirement hence they focus purely on cost Kitchen and hydraulic roof vs No kitchen / no hydraulic roof.

That argument is somewhat irrelevant to a prospective Beach owner who will want the configurable space, not bulky kitchen units or the hydraulic roof which is potentially just another costly thing to go wrong at some stage in the future.

The Beach can go everywhere the Ocean / Coast can and can be practically used in the same way, the same can not be said of the Ocean / Coast vs Beach.

What price do you put on your particular requirements?

What price do you put on your particular requirements?
For me it is more about functionality. And I expect a Beach Camper / Tour will be no more expensive than the Kombi I had specc’ed as it had the 199 and DSG - which, I believe, are not available on the new Beach versions in the UK.

Does anyone have any news on the release dates for the Beach in the UK? All the bumph said end October... sadly, another deadline not met. And no indication when it will be.
If there’s no clarity soon. I’m off to look at the competition.

Back