Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drugged and Robbed in France?

Same newspaper is also carrying story about a couple "obviously gassed without knowing it" after they discovered all the family's jewels couldn't be found ( the sort you always take out of the safe at home to carry around with you on holiday).

Belfast Tele = Click-Bait.

I would go for the "nothing to steal" code ...:D

Just checked : we have been giving 4 pages comment in 24h time , while up till now the OP has not been checking her own tread out since she posted this....
Could someone go and check on her ! Maybe she's has been drugged....
View attachment 26675
They'd look in your garage and know you were fibbing.

@bigmac77 , just the size of my garage tells there's valuble things in there ...:D

If i was to gas someone in their mobile home i would connect a pipe
to my exhaust, preferably about 40m long, stick the other end into some
vent and sit in my car revving the engine for a bit.
I´ve thought about using a V8 for a quicker job but you would need 2 hosepipes for
maximum efficiency and the thicker pipes cost a lot more.

I´ve thought about using a V8 for a quicker job but you would need 2 hosepipes for

Very poor taste considering how many people commit suicide this way.

Must have a very old car then. Modern cars with emissions controls and catalytic converters - well, you’ll run out of fuel first or overheat or blowup the engine. Sorry, you’ll have to think of another way.
Just like putting your head in the Gas overn. More likely to cause an explosion when you switch on the light to see what time it is and why your still alive. Domestic gas composition has changed with the advent of Natural Gas.

Very poor taste considering how many people commit suicide this way.
Not nowadays. Very uncommon as it doesn’t work very well with modern cars.

I'm just glad I don't have £17k worth of jewellery (robbers take note) ... to even take away on holiday with me.

Yeah, We often travel with £17,000 pounds of jewellery and cash on holiday.

Quite. I always make Mrs VD leave her diamonds at home when we go away. In one of those really clever 'safes' that look almost but not quite like a tin of beans, in the larder. Damn.

After that couple were jailed for fraudulently claiming on insurance I just hope the insurers investigate and if false bring the full weight of the law on these people. Too many incidences might make our insurance premiums unaffordable.

There is one glaring possibility that everyone has so far misssed and that is, not alcohol no, it's aliens :Stig . I've seen them on TV, they drug you, stick probes up your bum, steal your flip flops and take any cash while they are at it. They have obviously moved on from small town America to European campervaners. Watch the skies, the truth is out there!! :shocked
I read in the daily mail that flip flops are a great delicacy on Zeta Reticuli! It all becomes clear!

If there has been an insurance claim I wonder if insurance companies really are this stupid as to pay out? I have an expensive watch but it has to be insured as an an individual item at a hefty premium, to insure £17k worth of individual items would be very expensive; and then why keep them in a cupboard? Perhaps the whole article is a crock of lies made up by the press.

Cannot comment if this true or not but I would have thought most women leave their engagement ring on their finger?

Cannot comment if this true or not but I would have thought most women leave their engagement ring on their finger?

Thank you for that reminder :D

Due to swelling I had to take my rings off my finger a few days ago and you've prompted me to go and retrieve them from where they were hidden :shocked

We had a caravan before moving to a tent and then the Cali. (No comments please.)

We were on holiday in Skegness (again no comments please). A homeless young guy stole some stuff from our awning and we reported it to the camp manager. 6 months later we had a visit from the police who came 70 miles to return our "frying pan". They asked if they could keep it as the lad had been sleeping in an empty caravan and stealing all his needs from touring vans and they wanted to stop his one man crime wave.

It did intrigue us that he had taken random items: frying pan, butter, a pepper, salt and a washing up bowl. Obviously a keen cook.

So 2 policemen, a 70 mile trip and one question; is this your frying pan. Can we keep it. Then off again with said pan.