Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2017 150 DSG Ocean
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Another vote for Google maps (on your phone or with app connect through your head unit). Yes I know you can get a bit stuck planning a new route when in the middle of no where, but that's easily overcome with a 2nd hand Tom Tom in the glove box for emergencies (or even the built in Sat Nav! ).
If like most of us you are concerned with minimising traffic conditions, then Google maps (and waze?) are crucial.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Tomtom go now works on CarPlay with downloaded maps so works happy without a mobile signal.
Just a reminder, Google maps works offline if you download the maps on your phone first. I had all of Scotland on my phone, navigated with it for a month, internet or no.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Needs the google mothership to do the work
Not for us, searched, navigated and rerouted for a month without connection. Works off GPS, which functions even in airplane mode. Maybe the issue is that UK doesn’t have an agreement with Google that allows downloading maps for offline use. We’ve run into that before in Croatia. Does anybody know?

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I had the previous Tom Tom Western Europe app on my phone but it stopped being supported and traffic no longer worked and it was the replaced by Tom Tom Go which I found to be terrible, has it improved?

I still have the Western Europe app with fully downloaded maps as a backup in case Google Maps won’t or can’t work.

reserves

reserves

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Yes Reserves. Not really got to grips with that yet. We have App Connect and Car Play. Tried Waze briefly and seemed ok but not tested it fully. Any recommendations for good Sat Nav Apps?
I use Waze and no problems with it.

Google Maps looks amazing however, so sometimes I mix it up and use that in towns. Waze always for longer journeys.

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2017 150 DSG Ocean
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I (for better or worse) have handed my digital life to Google (chrome browser, android phone, google calendar, *@*@*@*@*@) so many locations I’ve looked at on line, or entered into my schedule, are ready and tee’d up in Google maps when I open it. That, the amazingly accurate traffic, simple ‘look’, and generally sensible presentation of alternative routes has kept me a devotee of google maps.

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Yes, i agree. Even the gas storage area takes up a compartment. That cool pop out kitchen means you would actually loose alot of storage on that side, and storage is an absolute premium in a Cali. I would have to opt for the storage as a preference and keep my Outwell mini foldable table and jet boil system, which also means i can take it outside as well if lovely weather. Im timed how quick to set up my system, 25 seconds, and yes, I agree, i do need to get out more ;)
View attachment 49939

View attachment 49941
So someone asked how long to set up mini table, jetboil and have a hot coffee ready on the table, took me exactly 1 min 45 seconds ;) Now where them biscuits :)
20190911_161732.jpg

HTML