Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The most expensive new Cali - can anyone beat this?

I have to be careful as I'm self employed. All to easy to end up charging just £40 to repair Granny's "worthless" mantle clock,.

Worthless???

That Timex period piece has been in my family for 20 years! :shocked

Before any one jumps on me, I would not change my Cali for anything however for £70k you could buy a bloody nice motorhome.

Looks like the Cali is soon to become a vehicle for the very well off or retirees

Before any one jumps on me, I would not change my Cali for anything however for £70k you could buy a bloody nice motorhome.

Looks like the Cali is soon to become a vehicle for the very well off or retirees

We paid just over £80k NEW for our 4 berth Dethleffs with every conceivable option and extra including SAT TV x2 Avtex X2 Gas/Electric central Heating, Awning, Roof Freshlight Aircon, Sat Nav, Reversing Camera with Dash Screen, Tow Bar, Bike Rack, Alloys, Gas BBQ Point, Heated Waste Tank, Media Centre, Electrics in Garage, plus all the top of the range fitments that came with the van.:

dethleffs cover.jpg

^ I love that Dethleffs. Was it Auto.
I see they lower them as standard. lol.

I´ve seen a Cali over here for 94000 €. :headbang:headbang:headbang madness.

Depends what you will … a motorhome would never catch my interest. The love the smaller versatile California as long as I can crawl around in it … ;-)

Depends what you will … a motorhome would never catch my interest. The love the smaller versatile California as long as I can crawl around in it … ;-)

I was simply pointing out what you get with £80k not suggesting its better.

I was simply pointing out what you get with £80k not suggesting its better.

It was not meant to criticize anyone … but just a comment or reflection over the post #27 from @Ady77, regarding my own opinion. ;-)

Alfie, before discounts, was valued at £75,000.

If it was just for camping, and camping only on good roads, and only to campsites that had other means of transport to places of interest, then yes, it's madness.

If it was to replace a second car, do everything that the second car did, be used daily and not just when we had the chance to get away, to take us everywhere from city centres (or park and rides) to venturing along narrow roads in the middle of nowhere .... it's plain common sense. I have, after all, for my £75k saved the cost of a second car before the convenience of everything else.

It was not meant to criticize anyone … but just a comment or reflection over the post #27 from @Ady77, regarding my own opinion. ;-)

No offense taken :happy

However its a good idea to hit the REPLY button on the post your referring too when replying as on a long thread it helps to understand the relevance of the reply. :thumb

They are expensive, but we all know what we are paying before we drive them away. That little VW badge plus the history of 60 years will add to its ever increasing price. All others are copies, extended copies or articulated copies to a fashion.
Unsure of how much bongos are, do they still make them new? Guy over the road has an old one. Curtains are always twitching.

I’ve always loved VW but they are greedy greedy people charging the amount they do. All models not just the California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always loved VW but they are greedy greedy people charging the amount they do. All models not just the California.

I’m not sure greed is the correct word. They charge what people are prepared to pay. If the price is too high demand will drop.

Inadvertently I’ve realised all my vehicles are produced by the VW group, a Porsche, and Audi TT, a VW Golf and a Ducati. None are cheap, though all offered the best value when I was buying.

The problem is they are ADDICTIVE!
Yes they are, but at prices approaching nearly £100k they won't be. I suspect that I'm not alone on this issue.

A Cali is the best vehicle that I've ever owned but there is only so much I would be prepared to pay for one.

I was in the VW Group Finance building yesterday its huge and a bit like Google with people working at whatever desk/station they feel like all open plan atrium's with cafes here and there. Reminded me they own
  • Audi.
  • Bentley. ...
  • Bugatti,
  • Lamborghini
  • Ducati. ...
  • Porsche. ...
  • Skoda. ...
  • Seat. ...
  • VW brand. ...
  • VW commercial,
  • MAN
  • Scania.
Its a mega company and even their recent emmissions problems and fines were a mere irritation to them.

Reading your post got me thinking. If you were to tick all the most expensive options on the most expensive version how much could you get the price up to. So after an idle ten minutes on the configurator here's the answer..........£84597
Mind you it would probably be so heavy it wouldn't move.

Oops, sorry I've broken the rule already.:Nailbiting

Interesting, if you tick the silver awning you have to remove the flashy 18" wheels and another random option as well?
I'm sure I tried this once and managed to get just above 90k! Will try again some time and post back :)

But at least they are starting to improve the Ducati electrics

I'm sure I tried this once and managed to get just above 90k! Will try again some time and post back :)
It's an interesting little game but in order to it fair it might be better to keep it to the configurator or brochure price list leaving out dealer fitted accessories.

It's an interesting little game but in order to it fair it might be better to keep it to the configurator or brochure price list leaving out dealer fitted accessories.
Agree. Configurator only, I reckon

Well, this Cali may not be expensive as it looks. We’ve just been offered a decent price for ours in p/x, plus a substantial discount off the sticker price of the new one. Plus we can have within a week, it’s now been released.

Discount available until Monday (“Golden Ticket” weekend at the dealer).

Problem is, it’s not 4Motion so we’ve got some quick thinking to do...... :confused:

So there was some truth in it then.:thumb
Yes well, unfortunately for me no one else grabbed it.

So looks like I will be parting with some hard earned ..... :(

Back