Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The most expensive new Cali - can anyone beat this?

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
One rule: It has to be on display in the dealers

This one at £74447 is not even 4motion :shocked

Mind you, it is available ....

7BC40634-CDC6-4335-8A23-0A942E51A710.jpeg

Reading your post got me thinking. If you were to tick all the most expensive options on the most expensive version how much could you get the price up to. So after an idle ten minutes on the configurator here's the answer..........£84597
Mind you it would probably be so heavy it wouldn't move.

Oops, sorry I've broken the rule already.:Nailbiting

Interesting, if you tick the silver awning you have to remove the flashy 18" wheels and another random option as well?

Ha, ha, try the Dutch configurator: with our special new car tax (BPM) it’s easy to fly past the EUR 100k / GBP 95k mark for a new Cali...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

One day we’ll look back nostalgically to the time when you could get a well specced Ocean for less than £100k

If you stick 74k in an inflation calculator it equates to about 5k in 1970.

50k about 3.5k

Mike

When living with danish vehicle tax, these prices seem dirt cheap. My coming Ocean passes 95k GBP, you can see most of the spec below.

If you stick 74k in an inflation calculator it equates to about 5k in 1970.

50k about 3.5k

Mike

My parents 4 bed detached house with large garden was bought for £8000 in 1970. It’s now worth £600k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much was the deck chair option?
An extra £2415 but that includes VAT & first year registration fee.

TBH I was a bit dubious about telling everyone about this van in case they bought it before I had a chance to. o_O

Well … visit a car dealer in Denmark. Just sayin ;-)

Do I need to say the tax just got lovered by 30% from 180% to 150% on cars?

New Cali's are nearing the price levels where you can have a completely restored T1 campervan... Without diesel issues :cool:

The lessons here are:
- Don't put money in the bank. It will never keep up.
- Mentally, you have to adjust to these numbers and accept the world has moved on. If you keep thinking everything should cost the same as it did 20 years ago, you'll get stuck.

The lessons here are:
- Mentally, you have to adjust to these numbers and accept the world has moved on. If you keep thinking everything should cost the same as it did 20 years ago, you'll get stuck.

That was my point. I see it in my parents and catch myself sometimes saying “HOW MUCH”

Mike

The lessons here are:
Well yes but only up to a point. The California is a truely superb vehicle, that we all agree but with figures rapidly approaching the £100k mark for something with no hot water system or toilet are just plain daft IMO.....and have VW sorted that roof corrosion issue yet?

The lessons here are:
It is never as simple as that.

This is an extraordinary economic era we are in, with massive financial gains made by some, and a general transfer of wealth from savers to borrowers.

It has not always been so, and is likely to change again in the future. I recall paying a mortgage rate of 15.75%. That would be ruinous for us now.

On a brighter note, my dad has a final salary pension that has risen by 5% per year for the last 22 years, and will continue to rise by 5% per year as long as he lives. He had a well paid job, three times better paid in retirement.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

That was my point. I see it in my parents and catch myself sometimes saying “HOW MUCH”
I have to be careful as I'm self employed. All too easy to end up charging just £40 to repair Granny's "worthless" mantle clock, having spent hours on it (and then going around to collect for free when she breaks it again!).

Last edited:
Back