Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New T7 California can be ordered from today in Germany + configurator.

calibusje

calibusje

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
FYI: The new t7 'California' prices in euros (Germany)
Beach: 62,689.20
Beach Tour: 67,824.05
Beach Camper: 69,472.20
Coast: 77,839.95
Ocean: 84,359.10
Can be ordered from today in Germany:
Everyone has their own opinion, but he will certainly have his supporters just like any previous one. Personally, I'll stick with our 2022 T6.1 Coast because it's still a pleasure to have, drive and of course travel with it :thumb

I'll be interested in seeing it here. Local dealer knows nothing about it yet.

I do love my Coast but not so keen on the seat. The previous T6 seats were better for me with the height adjustment.

Only 110kW 2.0TDI and 150kW 2.0 TSI so far (which will probably consume so much fuel they haven't got the WLTP figures yet). Weight seems to be reduced by a lot though (around 2300kg).

Only 110kW 2.0TDI and 150kW 2.0 TSI so far (which will probably consume so much fuel they haven't got the WLTP figures yet). Weight seems to be reduced by a lot though (around 2300kg).
Indeed, I suspect that the other 'motorizations' will soon be the next choices, including the '4 wheel drive' version.

Model specs will vary between markets, but some interesting standard equipment and options differences between Coast and Ocean on German configurator (which seems buggy in Chrome using English translation).

• Coast petrol is c. €1,286 dearer than diesel, whilst Ocean petrol is €785 dearer than diesel ?
  • LED lights are standard, with an option for "IQ.LIGHT LED matrix headlights with LED daytime running lights"
  • Coast has manual roof as expected (which I'd personally prefer)
  • both have "Armrests for swivel seats driver and front passenger on both sides, with electric lumbar support"
  • I found an option for fancier still seats with massage function when looking at the Coast, but haven't been able to get back to it again
  • black awning (can be specified on either side) for €690 !
  • flappy paddle gearbox appears standard, option for heated steering wheel
  • heated seats are a €505 option on Coast
  • Coast has manual aircon whilst Ocean is Climatronic standard
  • two options for camping heater on Coast at €1,814 or a staggering €3,094 if you choose "Camper auxiliary heater for continuous operation and auxiliary heater for windscreen defrosting with radio remote control".
  • Basic camping heater is standard on Ocean.
  • option for a start-up defrost heater (did we used to call that Aux?) with remote
  • the nice looking two-tone paint (Candy White / Starlight Blue Metallic) used in all the Ocean promotional pics is €3,189 ! or €3,546 if you want similar with Pearl & a black roof ...
  • Coast doesn't have the useful looking locker across rear window / behind passenger heads
  • sliding side doors can be unassisted, or optionally either "closing aid" or electric
  • fly screens built into sliding side windows
  • lots of options for keyless, Head-Up Display, Lane Assist stuff
  • all appear to have same 10" screen, with options then for nav / audio 'internals'

Last edited:
my personal Ocean config with two-tone paint, tow bar, ACC, 17" alloys, rear camera, interior ambient lighting etc comes to €93,299 / £79,389 (if I was in Germany)

I'd hoped it'd not start with an 8, but had feared it may start with a 9 ... It will be interesting to find out the premium on the PHEV drivetrain.

They themselves have lost me a bit with their gigantic van that they are setting up, but this video of theirs is very interesting, especially why volkswagen chose the multivan… (from minute 13)

black awning (can be specified on either side) for €690 !
I don’t remember what the German T6 Ocean came with as standard. But the French T6 Ocean also came without an awning - that was a paid-for option in France. I imagine the awning will be standard in the T7 UK Ocean as it’s been for the previous models.

(Other interesting differences in different countries - based on the T6 specs: in France, the Ocean came with 16’’ steel wheels as standard. The 17’’ alloy wheels that were standard on the UK Ocean were an expensive option in France. On the other side, the top-of-the-range Discovery Media Pro infotainment system was standard in France but cost a small fortune to add as an option in the UK).

Last edited:
I don’t remember what the German T6 Ocean came with as standard. But the French T6 Ocean also came without an awning - that was a paid-for option in France. I imagine the awning will be standard in the T7 UK Ocean as it’s been for the previous models.

(Other interesting differences in different countries - based on the T6 specs: in France, the Ocean came with 16’’ steel wheels as standard. The 17’’ alloy wheels that were standard on the UK Ocean were an expensive option in France. On the other side, the top-of-the-range Discovery Media Pro infotainment system was standard in France but cost a small fortune to add as an option in the UK).
I thought the 17” wheels on the Ocean were necessary to house the bigger brake callipers? On mine it doesn’t look like 16” wheels would fit. Does this mean some other markets have smaller brakes on the ocean too?

I thought the 17” wheels on the Ocean were necessary to house the bigger brake callipers? On mine it doesn’t look like 16” wheels would fit. Does this mean some other markets have smaller brakes on the ocean too?
Indeed: in some -many- countries the 16 inch brakes all around (and rims) were also standard on the ocean. As can be seen in the configurator, the new T7 Multivan California ocean also has 16-inch brakes all around as standard in Germany. It is not yet known which options the t7 multivan cali will be delivered as standard in your country, could certainly also be with 17 inch brakes (front) and 17” rims again.
I took the 17-inch front brakes as an option on our t6.1 coast for the improved braking power and had to 'upgrade' to 17-inch rims (steel ones).

Last edited:
Smaller w

Might be because smaller discs/callipers mean less weight, increase in payload, improved mpg / emmissions figure.
It's only the front discs/ calipers are larger. I can't see there being a significant difference and 16" wheels + tyre would have the same radius/ circumference as 17" + tyres so unlikely to effect mpg or emissions in any meaningful manner.
Braking performance would be enhanced however.

I watched the launch video on the official launch day, and then the subsequent YouTube videos, all showing the new California and it's new look. It's an impressive vehicle, and I am sure it will be successful around the work. However, I can't understand why there is only one gas hob ring?

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 09.07.44.png

I've just had a look on the configuator, in the hope that I could spec the California with an additional hob, but the only one you can add is the additional outdoor kitchen. This is all very well in the summer months, but what about those who intend on using their California all year round?

Personally speaking, I'm not sure the addition of two sliding doors, is worth the sacrafice of a practical cooking area.

What do other people think? Is it just me being narrowminded or do you feel the same?

I watched the launch video on the official launch day, and then the subsequent YouTube videos, all showing the new California and it's new look. It's an impressive vehicle, and I am sure it will be successful around the work. However, I can't understand why there is only one gas hob ring?

View attachment 125044

I've just had a look on the configuator, in the hope that I could spec the California with an additional hob, but the only one you can add is the additional outdoor kitchen. This is all very well in the summer months, but what about those who intend on using their California all year round?

Personally speaking, I'm not sure the addition of two sliding doors, is worth the sacrafice of a practical cooking area.

What do other people think? Is it just me being narrowminded or do you feel the same?
Because of the 2 sliding doors, there just isn't enough space to put a full size cupboard and kitchen.
The Transporter series was made with 1 or 2 sliding doors, the Multivan (I refuse to call it T7) always has 2 sliding doors, so they don't have a 1 sliding doored Multivan to start building from.

It can be a nice addition to the California like range, but for me it will never replace it.

View attachment 125044

Volkswagen opted for the multivan, and actually for somewhat understandable reasons, see video in post #7 + offering the new transporter as the new California, they would not have dared because this is a Ford :Grin but other’s probably will. A vehicle that does not exist with only one sliding door so they are bound to those two doors. For me, the extra sliding door is completely unnecessary with a compromise for the kitchen unit, but there will be certainly enough who consider the two sliding doors as a plus. The fact that the new coast/ocean cannot have a fifth seat is the main reason for me that I will certainly not buy such a T7 multivan California in the next 6 years: I regularly take our children's classmates to school outings and I wants that fifth seat. I think the looks - and this is very personal, I know - are successful of the new one and the inside doesn't look bad either. That said, I also like our T6.1 and enjoy driving it around. Like any other california, the new Cali will certainly find its buyers but not me.

Back