Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The pics are up

I’ve never really looked around a Nugget but my initial thought was similar to when I saw the Sharavan…where do you put all your camping stuff?
Has various cupboards, cutlery drawer, wardrobe, open space in the boot & space for bedding under the cooker (when the bed is being used as a seat. It’s also slightly wider than a T5, T6 so allows for a wider beds versus a Cali.

It’s also slightly wider than a T5, T6 so allows for a wider beds versus a Cali.
Yes, that’s the curious thing as both beds are narrower than in the T6.

I’ve never really looked around a Nugget but my initial thought was similar to when I saw the Sharavan…where do you put all your camping stuff?
We put "camping stuff" in our Nugget largely in the same place as we did in our Cali, in the boot or under the rear seat:

- Five camping chairs go in a cupboard behind the sliding door;
- Clothes for five go in the wardrobe (bigger than the Cali wardrobe)
- Towels, washbags, kites and shopping/day bags go in the cubby holes in the wardrobe
- Porta potti, toilet roll and chemicals go in the cupboard under the wardrobe
- Awning winder, toaster, 2x awning mats, awning room, mallet, 4 x lamps, tent pegs, 3x blankets, external windscreen cover all go under the rear bench seat (it's much bigger than the Cali drawer)
- 5x duvets and 5 x pillows go in the hole under the sink (where you feet go in the lower bed)
- inside table and leg go behind the rear bench
- removable outside table is built into the rear tailgate
- pots, pans, plates, all cooking implements etc go in the two rear kitchen cupboards
- food space is limited to one further kitchen cupboard
- cutlery goes in the cutlery drawer
- Our storage tent, an alubox for additional food, any inflatable kayaks or SUPs, coats and a box of shoes go in the boot/kitchen space
- Bike helmets x5, paddles, buckets and spades, crabbing buckets, a spare holdall of clothes etc go in the roof box
- 4x bikes go on a towbar rack (Atera DL which allows you to open the boot with the bikes on)
- 1x bike on the roof next to the roof box

We get it all in. We probably take more stuff than most, and we're also a family of 5.

We put "camping stuff" in our Nugget largely in the same place as we did in our Cali, in the boot or under the rear seat:

- Towels, washbags, kites and shopping/day bags go in the cubby holes in the wardrobe
- Awning winder, toaster, 2x awning mats, awning room, mallet, 4 x lamps, tent pegs, 3x blankets, external windscreen cover all go under the rear bench seat (it's much bigger than the Cali drawer)
- 5x duvets and 5 x pillows go in the hole under the sink (where you feet go in the lower bed)
- pots, pans, plates, all cooking implements etc go in the two rear kitchen cupboards
- Our storage tent, an alubox for additional food, any inflatable kayaks or SUPs, coats and a box of shoes go in the boot/kitchen space
- Bike helmets x5, paddles, buckets and spades, crabbing buckets, a spare holdall of clothes etc go in the roof box
- 4x bikes go on a towbar rack (Atera DL which allows you to open the boot with the bikes on)

We get it all in. We probably take more stuff than most, and we're also a family of 5.
I'm intrigued. You should really post a few pics in a Nugget thread !!
Is there a Nugget forum btw ? I only found a German one and I don't understand German

I'm intrigued. You should really post a few pics in a Nugget thread !!
Is there a Nugget forum btw ? I only found a German one and I don't understand German
Next time we go camping I'll take some photos (you don't tend to include bench seat storage photos in your holidays snaps!) and I'll see if I can start a specific Nugget thread. The Nugget is also our main family car (as was our previous California), so we have a fairly wide range of experience with both vans.

There is no Nugget forum like this, apart from the German one (the Nugget has been on sale since about 1995 in Europe vs 2020 in the UK, which probably explains why). There is a UK Facebook group which is really useful for information, people are really responsive and helpful. There is also a European Facebook group too, and Facebook helpfully translates any foreign language comments, so that is also useful.

Next time we go camping I'll take some photos (you don't tend to include bench seat storage photos in your holidays snaps!) and I'll see if I can start a specific Nugget thread. The Nugget is also our main family car (as was our previous California), so we have a fairly wide range of experience with both vans.

There is no Nugget forum like this, apart from the German one (the Nugget has been on sale since about 1995 in Europe vs 2020 in the UK, which probably explains why). There is a UK Facebook group which is really useful for information, people are really responsive and helpful. There is also a European Facebook group too, and Facebook helpfully translates any foreign language comments, so that is also useful.
You can use this new section for other camper chat etc. :thumb

I like it, especially now that table,chairs and curtains appear to be comparable to VW. I think that solar panel fitted at build is a plus.
On the negative side, the Nugget's height of 208cm is just 8cm too much for the majority of barriers.
I agree absolutely about the standard HUGE! 350w solar panel with no visible / protruding wiring - this is a real step forwards for the Nugget as well as the proper blinds and chairs-in-the-door they've taken from the Cali. Will be interesting to see the price point comparisons.

Also agree about the 2m+ height, kinda defeats the object of a pop top versus hi-top IMO.

I agree absolutely about the standard HUGE! 350w solar panel with no visible / protruding wiring - this is a real step forwards for the Nugget as well as the proper blinds and chairs-in-the-door they've taken from the Cali. Will be interesting to see the price point comparisons.

Also agree about the 2m+ height, kinda defeats the object of a pop top versus hi-top IMO.
The extra height is most likely due to the chassis changes needed to accommodate the hybrid battery and its gubbin's, whilst still maintaining headroom on the inside. I fear the T7 Tranny will be similarly hamstrung when/if it materializes. Funny how all the fawning pundits are failing to mention is huge elephant in the room.

What I find interesting is how they have adopted California elements in the new version, possibly coming out of the collaboration with VW. I expect the reverse will also be true, something between the Ocean and GC, possibly with reverse poptop/kitchen layout, toilet, hot shower and 5 passengers.

Perhaps I should seriously consider the new nugget.

I think you are not the only one. I want to see them up close myself and not on a photo.
So that means I have to wait for a bit till both are in the showrooms and ready to order.

The extra height is most likely due to the chassis changes needed to accommodate the hybrid battery and its gubbin's, whilst still maintaining headroom on the inside. I fear the T7 Tranny will be similarly hamstrung when/if it materializes. Funny how all the fawning pundits are failing to mention is huge elephant in the room.
The 208cm height is the one for the current Nugget - not the 2024 version hybrid

Like the sound of this as well:

Ford says that even when the two double beds are deployed, people can move around the cabin – and even cook in the kitchen – without disturbing each other.

Ford says that even when the two double beds are deployed, people can move around the cabin – and even cook in the kitchen – without disturbing each other.
Yes though this isn’t new really as the old version allowed this.

The 208cm height is the one for the current Nugget - not the 2024 version hybrid
The 2024 model is only 2cm shorter. That is an issue

Ford Nugget (2024)​

• Price : from 76.517 Euro
  • Base: Ford Tourneo Custom Titanium 2.0 TDCI, 125 kW (170 PS), eight - speed automatic transmission, front-wheel drive
  • Total weight: 3.2 t
  • Length/width/height: 5,05 /2,28/2,06 m
  • Recommended Number Of People: 2-4

Total weight: 3.2 t
An aspect not mentioned before but as we only are allowed 3500 kg with our standard drivers license my best guess will be that packing the Nugget with water, travellers, food and camping stuff will be a challenge.

An aspect not mentioned before but as we only are allowed 3500 kg with our standard drivers license my best guess will be that packing the Nugget with water, travellers, food and camping stuff will be a challenge.

With the advent of EV’s I think that is under review although I doubt it is imminent.

Maybe a PHEV version could be addressed by this loophole

“The only exception is for electric vehicles – motorists with post-1997 tests can drive anything weighing up to 4.25 tonnes without taking an extra test, but only after they have taken five hours of additional training”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorists with post-1997 tests can drive anything weighing up to 4.25 tonnes without taking an extra test, but only after they have taken five hours of additional training
Thats me out then. I got my license in 1982.

#metoo on the plus side we can drive the new Buzz Cali when it arrives as that will have to weigh at least 7 tonnes to be a viable camper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how the Brtish law is, but in the Netherlands there are some restrictions: only 100% EV, not admitted with a trailer, not admitted for passenger cars, not admitted outside the Netherlands..

I got mine in 87. My licence shows C1 entitlement - up to 7500kg maximum authorised mass with a trailer up to 750kg with no extra training required so I guess you will the the same?

I got mine in 87. My licence shows C1 entitlement - up to 7500kg maximum authorised mass with a trailer up to 750kg with no extra training required so I guess you will the the same?
So does mine, passed my test in 1992

Yes the CaliFamily on Youtube have now swapped to a Nugget Plus and they love being able to seat all 5 of them and access the toilet / kitchen in the night if needed.

Liking the new kitchen, accessible from both sides...

I must say that I am NOT happy with the 2 x single chairs, as the current T6.1 2 seater bench allows a lovely comfy sofa style lounge which the two single chairs do not due to the shape of the bases - they do not look comfortable to sit across both at all