Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The pics are up

I see the new Nugget have taken the Cali seats-in-the-door idea now!

...and just for balance, the 2024 Marco Polo to complete the line up

I see the new Nugget have taken the Cali seats-in-the-door idea now!

I like it, especially now that table,chairs and curtains appear to be comparable to VW. I think that solar panel fitted at build is a plus.
On the negative side, the Nugget's height of 208cm is just 8cm too much for the majority of barriers.

Just thought I'd throw this out there...b4 donning my tin hat...
Received an email from VWN Communication today saying
You are right David, we are not calling it a T7
Its is the California CONCEPT based on the Multivan

THANK YOU. Finally someone gets it.

Strange, it was VW itself that started calling it the T7. First 2 results on Google are VW still mentioning T7 Multivan. Can't blame people for calling it that now.

vw t7.jpg

The platform they used was a multivan. Not a transporter. But hey if you want to call is something else. Be my guest.
I never wanted to comment on this since they still are quiet what their new transporter will look like.

The platform they used was a multivan. Not a transporter. But hey if you want to call is something else. Be my guest.
I never wanted to comment on this since they still are quiet what their new transporter will look like.
Hazard a guess it will look a bit like this with a few front and rear end tweaks...

IMG_4006.jpeg

I get what people are saying but the Multivan has always been Transporter based. Should have picked a different name, they're moving the goalposts now.
Yes they should have called it a Caravelle :D

It’s called the Volkswagen T7 California Misconception…

So, are we saying :

- The T7 Multivan California doesn’t exist
- A new Transporter California probably won’t exist
- This forum section doesn’t make any sense
I don’t think a California built on the Ford/VW collaboration exists in their plans at the moment as I think they have all their hopes pinned on the Multivan. And I reckon they covertly scour forums like this to see what the feel is like out there and right now they’re thinking s**t, the Ford looks way better than our crappy too small Multivan! So perhaps there will be a VW/Ford collaboration Cali with a VW badge in the pipeline after all now!

If anything, it's the Sharavan that won't make it to market if public sentiment is anything to go by. Lots of issues with the hybrid too based on FB posts

I don’t think a California built on the Ford/VW collaboration exists in their plans at the moment as I think they have all their hopes pinned on the Multivan. And I reckon they covertly scour forums like this to see what the feel is like out there and right now they’re thinking s**t, the Ford looks way better than our crappy too small Multivan! So perhaps there will be a VW/Ford collaboration Cali with a VW badge in the pipeline after all now!
I’ve never really looked around a Nugget but my initial thought was similar to when I saw the Sharavan…where do you put all your camping stuff?

I’ve never really looked around a Nugget but my initial thought was similar to when I saw the Sharavan…where do you put all your camping stuff?
Yes I agree, that’s my reason for not getting a nugget too. But that’s because of the design of the layout and not the size of the vehicle. A VW version would not have the same layout as the Nugget.