Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The pics are up

I must say that I am NOT happy with the 2 x single chairs, as the current T6.1 2 seater bench allows a lovely comfy sofa style lounge which the two single chairs do not due to the shape of the bases - they do not look comfortable to sit across both at all
I'm sure we have all tried to get comfortable lounging across 2 airline seats and failed. These are probably no different.

I must say that I am NOT happy with the 2 x single chairs, as the current T6.1 2 seater bench allows a lovely comfy sofa style lounge which the two single chairs do not due to the shape of the bases - they do not look comfortable to sit across both at all
AND you lose the underseat storage tardis

Last edited:
I'm sure we have all tried to get comfortable lounging across 2 airline seats and failed. These are probably no different.
Indeed. The flat Nugget 3 seater is comfy (it even has an arm rest!) but doesn't recline like the current T6.1 Cali. Let's hope that you can option a 2 seater bench when it goes into production.

An aspect not mentioned before but as we only are allowed 3500 kg with our standard drivers license my best guess will be that packing the Nugget with water, travellers, food and camping stuff will be a challenge.
Is the 3.2t not the GVW? The current Nugget comes in 320 form (SWB, 3.2t GVW) and 340 (LWB, 3.4t GVW). The unladen SWB Nugget is something like 2.8t. 0.4t for a relatively small battery seems a lot, similar in weight to an entire Tesla model 3 battery.

With the advent of EV’s I think that is under review although I doubt it is imminent.

Maybe a PHEV version could be addressed by this loophole

“The only exception is for electric vehicles – motorists with post-1997 tests can drive anything weighing up to 4.25 tonnes without taking an extra test, but only after they have taken five hours of additional training”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The driving permit is only one of the issues. There is also taxation, maximum speed limits and European tolls.

I think you are not the only one. I want to see them up close myself and not on a photo.
So that means I have to wait for a bit till both are in the showrooms and ready to order.
It is funny to see several people eyeing up the new Nugget as a better alternative, while on the Nugget forum, the new Nugget is getting a similar beating as the California Concept: reduced cupboard space, smaller beds, less useable floor space, very expensive…
Seems the new audience for the Nugget may come from disappointed California owners, but where should disappointed Nugget owners look for an alternative?

With the advent of EV’s I think that is under review although I doubt it is imminent.

Maybe a PHEV version could be addressed by this loophole

“The only exception is for electric vehicles – motorists with post-1997 tests can drive anything weighing up to 4.25 tonnes without taking an extra test, but only after they have taken five hours of additional training”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 4.25 tonnes business was for commercial vehicles only.

It is funny to see several people eyeing up the new Nugget as a better alternative, while on the Nugget forum, the new Nugget is getting a similar beating as the California Concept: reduced cupboard space, smaller beds, less useable floor space, very expensive…
Seems the new audience for the Nugget may come from disappointed California owners, but where should disappointed Nugget owners look for an alternative?
Right here, of course --->

Ah the infamous hearing aid beige interior. Classy and bland. With some tasteful gloss black trim to immortalise those fingerprints.
Is that beige or off-cream?

I like to watch the German dealer Togo Reismobile KG, it’s in German but with Youtube translate the subtitles work pretty well. They were just in Düsseldorf and I wasn’t expecting anything new to pop up but then as they were on the Westfalia stand they said something interesting “Some exciting is coming, but can‘t talk about it until Autumn/Winter“ ….
IMG_2024.png
Wonder what this will be!

KFC

I like to watch the German dealer Togo Reismobile KG, it’s in German but with Youtube translate the subtitles work pretty well. They were just in Düsseldorf and I wasn’t expecting anything new to pop up but then as they were on the Westfalia stand they said something interesting “Some exciting is coming, but can‘t talk about it until Autumn/Winter“ ….
View attachment 113767
Wonder what this will be!
That’s it release another model when they can’t even get the James cook out properly after about 3yrs of unveiling it :headbang

Looked into one over 3yrs ago when I was toying with that and the joker I ordered.
Spoke to westy dealer 6mths ago and he still hadn’t had one.
Never seen one on the road or a pic of one on the road. The show van 2/3yrs ago didn’t have a lot of the stuff like water tanks etc, just all show.
If you’ve seen one out on the road please post a pic:thumb

If you see an Grand California in Belgium, you found a white whale. They exist causr I can see them up for rent or to buy. But never saw one on the road.
Same for an westy. Never saw one on the camping or on vacation either.

If you see an Grand California in Belgium, you found a white whale. They exist causr I can see them up for rent or to buy. But never saw one on the road.
Same for an westy. Never saw one on the camping or on vacation either.
Did spend plenty of time in my older jokers in Belgium, you must of been on holiday in the uk ;)

Lots of interesting comments, a good thread.

I like the Concept, but we probably fit into the smaller / lighter category of casual campers & agree it's not a like-for-like replacement for those travelling with more or larger kids. I remember the initial Marco Polo launch materials of a well-heeled older couple mooching about & this Concept is much more for them than an adventure-sport or down-to-earth set.

With no real need to replace my T6 any time soon, I think I'll try and avoid scratching the itch until things become clearer. I can't decide whether I'll have time to slot in another IC / hybrid van, or whether to hang on for a full electric replacement (whenever that becomes a practical proposition, I'm optimistic).

Also very confusing right now with so many base vehicles potentially in the mix; prospective Transporter / Nugget replacement, Multivan / Concept, ID Buzz LWB Cali etc etc - most of which are speculative & haven't even been seen yet.

Maybe the Tesla Minivan…

IMG_9982.jpeg