Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Well, the wait is all but over! :bananadance2

Thanks to all of you for sharing all your knowledge and past experiences that have helped prepare me for the big day (Monday Probably).:thanks:thanks

Yesterday I was told my Cali was in the UK and that it will be transported to my dealer today or tomorrow. :bananadance2

So I'm busy doing all the boring stuff sorting out insurance and all that surrounds transferring no claim bonus's from one vehicle to another (there must be an easier and cheaper way).:(

My journey so far?
Ordered wk34 2016
wk43 given wk4 2017 as unconfirmed build week
wk51 given wk4 2017 as confirmed build week
wk4 2017 built
wk8 2017 delivered
Total - 26wks

Its going to be a busy week.

1: I expect pick up on Monday all being well. (Dealer says about an hour handover - I have a few things to check myself from my handover check list so could be a little longer :thumb)
2: Sorting out the Cali and learning more about how it all works - I'm sure I can spend a lot of time doing this!
3: My wife's Birthday on Thursday - bottle of Champagne in the Cali?
4: Visit to the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show on Friday (trying not to spend too much more!)
5: Putting in all the stuff we buy from the show in the Cali on Saturday
6: Oh, I almost forgot! Send some nice pics of our new baby to this forum (this thread).:thumb
7: Holiday planning can now be firmed up etc...........

I'm going to get carried away now :bananadance2:bananadance2:cheers

JW :Grin

Fab news, no sleep Sunday night then :cheers

Thanks to all of you for sharing all your knowledge and past experiences that have helped prepare me for the big day (Monday Probably).:thanks:thanks

Yesterday I was told my Cali was in the UK and that it will be transported to my dealer today or tomorrow. :bananadance2

So I'm busy doing all the boring stuff sorting out insurance and all that surrounds transferring no claim bonus's from one vehicle to another (there must be an easier and cheaper way).:(

My journey so far?
Ordered wk34 2016
wk4 2017 built
wk8 2017 delivered
Total - 26wks

1: I expect pick up on Monday all being well. (Dealer says about an hour handover - I have a few things to check myself from my handover check list so could be a little longer :thumb)
2: Sorting out the Cali and learning more about how it all works - I'm sure I can spend a lot of time doing this!
4: Visit to the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show on Friday (trying not to spend too much more!)
6: Oh, I almost forgot! Send some nice pics of our new baby to this forum (this thread).:thumb

That's great news JW. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your new Pride and Joy.
Hope your wife appreciated the kind thought for her birthday today and that you both enjoy Friday's show and many happy trips.
Ours is now ready and waiting and we collect at 0930 on March 1st...that's 12 sleeps.
Getting a little paintwork done the following week so will post some photos some time w/c 13 March.
The "fat lady" is drawing a deep breath before she starts singing!

That's great news JW. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your new Pride and Joy.
Hope your wife appreciated the kind thought for her birthday today and that you both enjoy Friday's show and many happy trips.
Ours is now ready and waiting and we collect at 0930 on March 1st...that's 12 sleeps.
Getting a little paintwork done the following week so will post some photos some time w/c 13 March.
The "fat lady" is drawing a deep breath before she starts singing!
Thanks for your good wishes WN :thumb. 12 more sleeps? Wow, not sure I could wait that long - I admire you on that one. 17 reg not an issue for me as I have a private plate (T600VWC).
Pics to follow. JW

Thats brilliant news JW :thumb I hope you have a fabulous week!

I’m going to the C&C show next week too, my credit card hopefully won’t get too much of a bashing...!!

And I would say champagne on Thursday is a given, how fantastic is that!

Looking forward to the photos :)

Thats brilliant news JW :thumb I hope you have a fabulous week!

I’m going to the C&C show next week too, my credit card hopefully won’t get too much of a bashing...!!

And I would say champagne on Thursday is a given, how fantastic is that!

Looking forward to the photos :)
Thanks, and another one for "Team Blue" :thumb

Good luck Jabber. I hope your new vehicle exceeds your expectations - given the length of time you've had to think about it that would be some accomplishment but most on this forum seem to achieve exactly that!

A fabulous way to celebrate your wife's birthday! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Fantastic news JW, like an expectant parent!!

Hope all goes well on Monday, will keep an eye out for the photos. Talking of which... you may need to move action point (6) to slot (2) in your list!

Fantastic news JW, like an expectant parent!!

Hope all goes well on Monday, will keep an eye out for the photos. Talking of which... you may need to move action point (6) to slot (2) in your list!
Ha! Indeed!:)

you may need to move action point (6) to slot (2) in your list
Photos are important - we all want to share your triumph. I think there were pictures of mine on here before I actually collected it - the salesman sent me some as soon as it came off the transporter. I think he was as excited as we were!

Enjoy. :cheers

Congratulations!!!

I had a week 3 build and its still "on en route" should be at a UK port next week, no reasoning to the VW queuing system!!

I phoned my dealer 20 minutes ago - my Beach came off the ship yesterday.

I still have 12 long days until handover.
It'll have gone in a flash when you look back. :)

Congratulations!!!

I had a week 3 build and its still "on en route" should be at a UK port next week, no reasoning to the VW queuing system!!
Agree no reasoning what so ever, best to accept that and concentrate on things we can understand and influence - very philosophical!!:thumb

So which diversion route are you taking home from the Dealers?
Birmingham area? Not sure yet and anyway not sure if I'll be alone for the pick up or with my wife. That will probably affect my decision. Long Mynd? Black Mountains? Derbyshire Dales?

It'll have gone in a flash when you look back. :)
I am trying to recall some of the momentous events since 29 April last year when I placed my order.
  • Meg gave birth to six puppies
  • I had a new 65 square metre two (nominal three) vehicle driveway constructed
  • A majority of people, who bothered to vote, voted for the UK to leave the EU
  • Three of the four main 'English' political parties held leadership elections
  • After over 50 years of civil war Columbia's president signed a peace deal with Farc rebels
  • Armed police on the beaches of France forced Muslim women to remove items of clothing
  • Impeachment of Dilma Rousseff
  • After winning a poetry competition with the limerick, There was a young fellow from Ankara / Who was a terrific wankera / Till he sowed his wild oats / With the help of a goat / But he didn’t even stop to thankera, about the president of Turkey, Boris Johnson was promoted to Britain's chief diplomat.
  • Failed coup d'etat in Turkey (probably unrelated to the above)
  • The US let off an almighty trump
  • Following a 20% slump in the pound, France and India overtook the UK in terms of GDP
  • UK government lost its 'Brexit Battle' in the Supreme Court then snatched a victory from the jaws of "the enemies of the people"
Apart from the first two items, the above are in no particular order of importance.

Last edited:

My journey so far?
Ordered wk34 2016
wk4 2017 built
wk8 2017 delivered
Total - 26wks

Hope you have as much fun as we've been having. Away again this weekend, think that is either 18 or 20 nights so far!

..message ends..

I am trying to recall some of the momentous events since 29 April last year when I placed my order.
  • Meg gave birth to six puppies
  • A majority of people, who bothered to vote, voted for the UK to leave the EU
  • The three of the four main 'English' political parties held leadership elections
  • After over 50 years of civil was Columbia's president signed a peace deal with Farc rebels
  • Armed police on the beaches of France force Muslim women to remove items of clothing
  • Impeachment of Dilma Rousseff
  • After winning a poetry competition with the limerick, There was a young fellow from Ankara / Who was a terrific wankera / Till he sowed his wild oats / With the help of a goat / But he didn’t even stop to thankera, about the president of Turkey, Boris Johnson was promoted to Britain's chief diplomat.
  • Failed coup d'etat in Turkey (probably unrelated to the above)
  • The US let off an almighty trump
  • Following a 20% slump in the pound, France and India overtook the UK in terms of GDP
  • UK government lost in the Supreme Court then snatched a victory from the jaws of "the enemies of the people"
Apart from the first item, the above are in no particular order of importance.

You failed to mention your nice refurbished drive :shocked