Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Wait is Over..........

Brilliant :D
Hi Granny Jen, Thx, I am grinning from ear to ear - I am sure its a refection of all the help and good wishes I have had from all the good people on this forum from way back when. I have had so much help on this journey but actually have realised I have only just started - bring it on!!:):)

Congrats JW! Acapulco Blue with the blue dash if I remember rightly? We ordered the same and just hoped it looked smart. It does! I don't think there's many of us about. All the very best for you and your family. Enjoy!
Thx for your good wishes. I think you are right - not many of us about. My dealer, Volkswagen (Birmingham) Vans - Clive Lediard plus the service engs/sales manager all said they had not seen the AB version of the dash and were, I think, genuinely in admiration. Red yes, but not AB. I think it is stunning and sets it apart from all others - even my wife who is, lets say, ambivalent about vehicles per say made a complimentary remark. Now that is praise!!;);)

Hi Granny Jen, Thx, I am grinning from ear to ear - I am sure its a refection of all the help and good wishes I have had from all the good people on this forum from way back when. I have had so much help on this journey but actually have realised I have only just started - bring it on!!:):)

I can "feel" the grin from here :D

Bring it on as you say, it's not a vehicle, it's a lifestyle :D

Glad to hear collection day has lived up to expectations, a 150 Ocean in Acapulco Blue is such a good choice :thumb

I collected mine 6 weeks ago and the grin still hasn't been wiped off my face, in fact I think it gets bigger every time I get to use my Cali :D

Very odd! Just got back home and the courtesy light are not working, with the exception of the tail gate. The overhead rocker switch next to the control panel is in the mid position and the indevidual switches don't want to work either. Must be a fuse. Will look in morning.

Well......delivery was painless from Volkswagen (Birmingham) Vans / Swansway Garages today. Clive Lediard organised a very smooth handover. No drama, a few little things I did not expect but non the less nice. A really nice Autoglym vehicle cleaning kit (will photo and post tomorrow), a cigarette lighter torch, Luggage net (have yet to find out where it goes). Coloured dash looks fantastic and was much commented on by staff. Great choice even if I do say so myself!!:D

I was a little late home and darkness started descending so no photos today will try tomorrow.

All good, very positive experience. Oh, and the drive home was smoother and quieter than the two conversions I drove last year. Worth the wait? You bet!! Must dash got to book a ferry!!! :):)

Oh, one last thing, met a forum member who put two and two together to guess I was JW (Reg number) but would not identify himself - pity.

Glad to hear the big day went well. It's insane... all these years of having nice performance cars and yet the Cali has been not only as exciting but consistently exciting. We are constantly planning trips as a family and planning the next sleep away. I have had more questions and comments about the Cali than any of my other toys I've owned over the years.

There is lots to figure out and find what suits you and your travel/camping style but that's part of the fun. There is a lot you can do to individualise as you have already discovered and unlike most cars a bit of custom and individualisation works ok on the Cali.

Don't go and blow a fuse yet with it all. Let's hope those doors shed some light on proceedings in the morning. Still it's nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure.

Best wishes.

Very odd! Just got back home and the courtesy light are not working, with the exception of the tail gate. The overhead rocker switch next to the control panel is in the mid position and the indevidual switches don't want to work either. Must be a fuse. Will look in morning.
Congrats and pleased you like the colour combination.
Just a thought about your courtesy lights, could it be they have been switched off by a timer to stop the battery going flat....? Just close and lock on the remote key, then re-open and see if that does the trick..

Just a thought about your courtesy lights, could it be they have been switched off by a timer to stop the battery going flat....? Just close and lock on the remote key, then re-open and see if that does the trick..
No joy I'm afraid. Good idea though. Thx.

Congrats JW! Acapulco Blue with the blue dash if I remember rightly? We ordered the same and just hoped it looked smart. It does! I don't think there's many of us about. All the very best for you and your family. Enjoy!
Welcome to another Acapulco Blue (no coloured dash option for us though). Post piccies.

JW, we're currently camping in the lakes for our first proper trip (yay!) and last night we had exactly the same problem. Leaned forward to put the lights on via control panel as I wanted something from the dark footwell. No lights. Tried sliding the mirror lights behind visors and they don't work either. However, when you open the door they all work again. Frustrating that you can't put lights on when you need to get something out of dash when camped up. The T5 Calis didn't do this. Hope you can find a solution! Maybe it's the blue dash - lol!!

Morning JW
It almost light over here, so I'm on your case. Photos.....
Not forgotten! Need for the Management ;) to go to Yoga first.

OK, here are a few pics as promised - delayed as needed to track down the courtesy lights issue (blown fuse but don't know why - slight worry) - Photo's not the best as they are not "on location" but show off the Cascaval's and the great colour (personal view!). For me the best part for the first day or so is behind the wheel. It was definitely the right decision to have the colour co-ordinated dash with the dark silver inserts. I know these things are always personal......for me it's the DB's. There were a couple of surprises for me so they are also in the photos. A chargeable torch and a bag of cleaning goodies as well as a presentation box with a Pen, Key Ring, Spare key storage and a vac flask drinking cup.

T600VWC_0004.JPG

T600VWC_0005.JPG

T600VWC_0007.JPG

T600VWC_0008.JPG

T600VWC_0009.JPG

T600VWC_0010.JPG

T600VWC_0012.JPG

T600VWC_0013.JPG

T600VWC_0014.JPG

OK, here are a few pics as promised - delayed as needed to track down the courtesy lights issue (blown fuse but don't know why - slight worry) - Photo's not the best as they are not "on location" but show off the Cascaval's and the great colour (personal view!). For me the best part for the first day or so is behind the wheel. It was definitely the right decision to have the colour co-ordinated dash with the dark silver inserts. I know these things are always personal......for me it's the DB's. There were a couple of surprises for me so they are also in the photos. A chargeable torch and a bag of cleaning goodies as well as a presentation box with a Pen, Key Ring, Spare key storage and a vac flask drinking cup.

View attachment 19286

View attachment 19287

View attachment 19288

View attachment 19289

View attachment 19290

View attachment 19291

View attachment 19292

View attachment 19293

View attachment 19294
Very nice indeed. Mugs are good as are the Torches. Keep mine in the boot so when I'm laying on my stomach trying to locate the bolt holes for the toolbox there's a torch at hand.

Edit : Management can do that though after being to Yoga.

Mike

Just a thought about your courtesy lights, could it be they have been switched off by a timer to stop the battery going flat....? Just close and lock on the remote key, then re-open and see if that does the trick..[/QUOTE
No joy I'm afraid. Good idea though. Thx.
A fuse in the end.....not sure what caused it to blow!

View attachment 19286

View attachment 19287

View attachment 19288

View attachment 19289

View attachment 19290

View attachment 19291

View attachment 19292

View attachment 19293

View attachment 19294
Very classy. enjoy your new van. I
ike the storage boxes. Where did you get them JW?