Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Think before you claim! - Admiral bad experience

Just to conclude this thread, after several calls and a very detailed complaint, Admiral did not uphold the complaint. But they did withdraw the price increase, which is very odd given that they feel they have done nothing wrong. They won’t release details of how and why they price that way - which leads me to believe that this was an unreasonable pricing methodology. Ultimately a good outcome for me for this year’s insurance cover - but the incident record stays on the nation wide database (which I suspected would be the case). Still wonder whether I should pursue further and complain to Financial Ombudsman Service about the pricing technique and lack of transparency around price impact of notification.

Thanks all for the feedback and responses. I am sure it will prove helpful when Admiral lose my custom and I go elsewhere!

I've just given up on the game of getting fresh quotes every year on various household vehicles. It was getting stupid, they all just seem to put up their renewal premiums by 10-15% after the first year.

Instead I've gone to a broker, A-Plan, who've just covered me at a very decent rate for our two daily-driver cars and I'm aiming to move onto a single policy with them for everything including a couple of classic cars and quite likely the Cali (they say they can give decent quotes on campervans, we'll see).

I'm not sure if I'll get the absolute lowest overall cost every year with them, but it makes sense to me to not have to shop around for each vehicle as every single renewal comes round.