Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of buying ex-rental

B

BillyBain

VIP Member
Hi, I'm new to the the forum. I've been looking to buy a second hand California and have been going back and forwards between a beach and the regular camper version. The wife prefers the camper whilst my preference is a beach with a coolbox. I just missed out on an ex-demo beach due to hesitating so now I'm looking at a couple of the camper versions. Both 2012 with under 10K miles but they are ex-rentals, apparently they show no sign of wear and tear but as they're miles away I've not had a chance to view. Anyway, I was wondering if ex-rental is a bad idea or not and would appreciate anyones thoughts on this?

Hi there welcome
I can't see any reason why buying an ex rental van should be a problem expecially with less than 10k miles normally people that hire them have to pay a hefty deposit so should look after them in theory. Oli is our rental sponsor on here I'm sure he will have some words of wisdom for you
Maybe if you gave a bit more detail of where they are a member could go and have a little look for you. There are plenty of decent vans for sale on here as well :thumb

Hello

I can only comment on ours. We valet our California's between each hire, so they are always immaculate. We also hold a £1000 deposit off a renter whilst they holiday, which helps people looking after them. We tend to find they nearly always come back as clean as they've gone out.

As always I would take each vehicle on its merits and go and take a look.

I would rather buy a van from someone like Oli than one of the firms that fit new "camper" pack to a second had transporter van If ex rental why not see if you can hire for a fewdays prior to deciding