Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Searching for an Ex Demo

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Any tips apart from using VW's Used Van Search?

After a Manual Cali ex Demo / Pre Registered from official VW Centre. I've seen them come up for around £40k, anymore than that and it's better to order from Drive the Deal (£43.5k)

Wonder if all the Cali's are actually listed on the Van Search.

Missed a perfect one last week by a day!

Not sure how VW do it but I do know that their used van search seems to bear no relation to stock from my one off poll of a van centre.

Think they just rely on a steady stream of punters through the door, or their used vehicle systems are as rubbish as the ordering and manufacturing systems so no one bothers to update things.

We too looked around and found nothing anywhere near here - then magically, the VW Van Centre in Preston had three 4Motions, all pre-reg delivery miles!

Got ours pre reg'd 3 months before, 16 miles on the clock for a rather nice £7,500 off list.

I had to fly up then had a lovely drive home.

Worth giving them a call I reckon.

You need to phone round every day and make a pest of yourself, even if you leave your name and number they never call back, even with £40k plus in burning a hole in your pocket.

You are right about the VW webiste, it is totally innacurate.

Buy in the for sale section on here or Auto trader? So long as it has a warranty it is no different to buying from a dealer.

Kirk said:
You need to phone round every day and make a pest of yourself, even if you leave your name and number they never call back, even with £40k plus in burning a hole in your pocket.

You are right about the VW webiste, it is totally innacurate.

Buy in the for sale section on here or Auto trader? So long as it has a warranty it is no different to buying from a dealer.

Thanks everyone for their replies.

The ex-demo's seem to be better value than 2nd hand to be honest, i've seen ex rental Cali's here advertised for more than ex-demos!

Shame I missed one last week but patience is the key I guess.

Kettering Van Centre always seem to have a stock of pre-registered California but dont sell new ones.They do not show up on the VW search but are currently showing a couple on Autotrader. When I was there a month ago they had about 8 in the yard all with about 20 miles on the clock.

Its very hard to resist getting the wallet out once you've seen one in the right colour with 99% of the options you would have chosen......

I think the ones in kettering are stock for the whole group (leicester, Derby, Kettering and a couple of others)

If that little group I think leicester is the main camper seller.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Seems like VW no longer do the Pre Reg ones.

The ex-demo ones are coming out around the same price as brand new from Drive the Deal, guess it just comes down to waiting times...

Buy private, make them an offer - your will be surpised how much of deal you can get this time of year

We chose ours from the Kettering site last year after I saw the advert on Autotrader. it was 4 months old with 50 miles on it. We got a good deal and good service, I was very pleased. I think as said above, it covers several dealerships, but the deal was done via the Leicester site and branded as myvolkswagen.co.uk. Good luck with your search

Thought you had a grey Cali reserves?

Surely this time of year (late autumn/early winter) must be the cheapest time to buy. In the New Year I can see the tide turning and prices holding up better in the lead up to spring as people decide they need one for spring / summer. Don't leave it too late and miss the boat for a few quid.

LarryLamb is quite right, in previous years things start moving again as soon as we hit January. Very good time to buy a used one at the moment.

Martin said:
LarryLamb is quite right, in previous years things start moving again as soon as we hit January. Very good time to buy a used one at the moment.

Makes sense holiday purchasing peak is in January, so it isn't a huge leap to buy a holiday vehicle at the same time of year.

It appears that we like to get Christmas out of the way and then plan our summer holidays.

T

larrylamb said:
Surely this time of year (late autumn/early winter) must be the cheapest time to buy. In the New Year I can see the tide turning and prices holding up better in the lead up to spring as people decide they need one for spring / summer. Don't leave it too late and miss the boat for a few quid.

That's more or less what we did.

I think the time between taking an interest, getting a brochure and buying one was about two weeks. The craziest vehicle purchasing decision we've ever made (which turned out to be the best)!

Hi

I just bought (end of Oct) a pre-registered 3 month old Cali with zero miles on the clock from the VW garage in Kettering Northamptonshire. I looked closely at the deal offered by Drive and a pit of work managed to get a good deal out of the VW garage. If you want to know more about the deal I secured as a comparison either email me or call me. 07798 931475 or mikeringrose@live.co.uk. I am happy to help.

Happy shopping.

Mike

Might have found one

What should I be looking to pay?

Registered July 2014, 1000 miles (ex demo)

California SE 140 Manual

Metallic Paint
17 Alloy wheels
RNS510 sat nav DAB+
Bluetooth
USB and Aux connections
Leather multi function wheel
Rain sensing wipers with auto dimming rear view mirror
3 zone climatic air conditioning
Privacy glass
Parking sensors front and rear
Awning
Comfort mattress

List price is around £50k
Drive the deal is £45k

?

@Mike thank you for your email, I will respond shortly, been busy times!

Sounds like it has the tour pack and travel pack. DTD price I get is £46085, don't forget to add £750 to that if not taking VW pcp finance.

Nice spec, my guess at price is 43-44 at a vw garage :thumb

Thanks, interesting notes on Drive the Deal, thanks for the estimate too :)

Really interested in hearing other opinions / guessing on price to see what I should be haggling for.

Anyone?

Got to decide by tomorrow morning :help

:D

Back