Thinking of buying

zoso87

zoso87

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello everyone!

We are thinking about buying our California T6.1, they offer us a new, well-priced outdoor beach camper, but we don't know if it is time to buy it or wait for the T7.

We are a young couple with a little girl who usually go out on weekends and my wife would use it as a daily car.

Do you think the VW T7 is going to be much more expensive? Do you know how much it could cost?

Thank you very much for your comments

No idea about the cost of the T7.

However, we are a young couple with a baby (15 months old) and just bought a T6.1 Beach (one of the last I believe).

It is just perfect for our needs. We use it as a daily car and also for the weekends to go out for a night in the mountains (we live in the Alps).

Besides, you've got a huge space to move furniture, go to the garbage center, etc... I think the current Beach model is one of the most versatile vehicle we can have for our little family.

Hello everyone!

We are thinking about buying our California T6.1, they offer us a new, well-priced outdoor beach camper, but we don't know if it is time to buy it or wait for the T7.

We are a young couple with a little girl who usually go out on weekends and my wife would use it as a daily car.

Do you think the VW T7 is going to be much more expensive? Do you know how much it could cost?

No idea about the T7 price but it’s safe to say that it won’t be cheaper than a T6.1 and you might have to wait for 6 months to a year before taking delivery of one.

Given that the T7 isn’t necessarily better than a T6.1 anyway, I’d go for a T6.1 that you can have today and enjoy it rather than wait. You can always sell the T6.1 and buy a T7 later. Since you mentioned it’s well priced, you shouldn’t loose much selling it in a year.

I think the beach camper is amazing. I'd have one of those. I had a t6 beach before and loved it. Ocean now and love that too. Get the beach now. One of the best vans out there.

Hello everyone!

The T7 will be a great van for a couple as like it or lump it there is less space inside and the storage looks like a challenge. For 2.5 people I'd say 6.1 is a safer long term bet and a lot more flexible on space and the way the chairs and table works.

the storage looks like a challenge.
Yes, I thought so, but the tailgate storage actually looks bigger? No doubt there'll be an aftermarket pullout tray for the Ocean and Beach to make access and organising simpler.
But I saw on @aBusAndBeyond the Beach pullout tailgate kitchen (see from 24.30) Looks like there'd be room behind it for a fridge to be incorporated? Shame they haven't included one.
I spoke to VW Colindale today who still don't have a demonstrator in the showroom. No idea when it will arrive either, which as the order books open soon I was surprised to hear. He did say he's had multiple calls from folk who want to place an order now, even without a brochure or configurator available...

Yes, I thought so, but the tailgate storage actually looks bigger? No doubt there'll be an aftermarket pullout tray for the Ocean and Beach to make access and organising simpler.
But I saw on @aBusAndBeyond the Beach pullout tailgate kitchen (see from 24.30) Looks like there'd be room behind it for a fridge to be incorporated? Shame they haven't included one.
I spoke to VW Colindale today who still don't have a demonstrator in the showroom. No idea when it will arrive either, which as the order books open soon I was surprised to hear. He did say he's had multiple calls from folk who want to place an order now, even without a brochure or configurator available...

The fixed kitchen in the back of the new Beach is a complete deal breaker for me, really limits setup options that I'd want.

I've never met a salesman yet who hasn't had lots of interest in what he's selling!

I think a 12 month wait will be quite normal. Was when we launched Qashqai. Slow ramp up, high order interest.

The fixed kitchen in the back of the new Beach is a complete deal breaker for me
So you prefer the T7 Ocean?
Or the T7 is not for you in any format?

Last edited:
So you prefer the T7 Ocean?
Or the T7 is not for you in any format?
I'm only interested in a Beach, don't want to cook indoors and need the flexibility as a family car. I'll be sticking with my T6.1 for a long time.

This suggest that the demand for the T7 could be strong, and that ordering one now may result in a relatively lengthy wait whereas new T6.1's seem to still be readily available 'off the peg'.

Best advice i could give you with a young famil:

vivere in tempore

Hello everyone!

There will not be a VW T7 camper. The T7 is the van the California Concept is a different platform. Larger outside smaller inside.

Back