Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking about ordering before 1st Nov 17

Actually we have two dogs and find the shower attachment really handy. You can add an attachment to the kitchen tap and put this out of the window to use but to me, when I’ve finished a walk with muddy dogs (and me) I don’t want to have to traipse into the cabin area to turn taps on, connect hoses and put it all out of the window. It’s just so easy having it right where you need it in the boot. Excellent for muddy boots too. I’m actually suprised how much I like it!

Excellent, that's exactly the scenario we would be in - muddy border collie paws, muddy boots etc. Glad someone else is using it for the purpose we are intending

Sorry, I should have posted this article here rather than on the other 'nov 17' general thread.... (as this is my story, not just the general one)

Oooo it is so exciting - i'm getting really close now to the target price I have in my mind with Guy at Preston.

He's been great with me, changing specs all the time, dithering over the 204 or 150 etc etc.

Just one final push and we should be there - all subject to how our T6 hire goes this weekend for a long weekend away.

We've booked to go and see Guy on the 19th to try and test a 150 vs 204 back to back, as that will help us make our final decision (and place an order on the day hopefully).

I get a little heart flutter every time my email pings in at the moment!!

@itguy you’re lucky to stop at the “muddy border collie paws” - one of my dogs is a springer....need I say more....

Just recently upgraded from a T5 SE. Like you, I live in a very rural location so spec’d LED lights. Really pleased I did - they are sooo much better. Other “essential” upgrade was the rear camera - again it’s just so easy to use and gives me much more confidence to squeeze into spaces I would normally avoid. Went for the full on sat nav as I assumed if using your phone’s nav you need to be in range of a data signal to load the background maps. I live in rural wales and am often without such a luxury!

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right - appointment booked tomorrow to see Mark at West Yorkshire. Guy didn't do anything wrong, but had also been speaking to Mark all the way along too.

We think tomorrow might well be the day for ordering... it feels like a big moment, quite a bit sooner than we were expecting to place it, but it's worth a stretch for a few months just to make sure we beat the 3% rise.

After our trip away in a hire T6 this last weekend we think we've got the spec nailed now. We will probably get the lowering springs fitted too but might leave that for a few months after delivery. We really didn't like the seat covers on the loan one (inka waterproof ones), so we have decided to go with the Alcantara interior as the feedback on here is that it is really hard wearing and easy to clean.

There are a few luxury non-essentials on here (like the premium MFD, sports steering wheel and torch) but I figured that it will be a long time until I order another one (if I ever do), so might as well try and get it right first time. Ok, there is no 4motion on here but we figured that if we are planning to go somewhere wintery we'd get a set of steel wheels and proper winter tyres, which will hopefully do a good job.

204 DSG Ocean,
Candy White (will put a lower half wrap on later)
Standard wheels
Alcantara Interior
Shower Connection
Adaptive Cruise
LED Headlamps + High Beam Assist
Laminated Glass
Sports Steering wheel
Composition Radio + App Connect
Premium MFD
Towbar Removable
F+R Parking Sensors+Camera
Interior Light Pack
Awning in Black
Magnetic Flashlight
HD Anti-roll bars

Sounds great @itguy.

If you're considering winter wheels/tyres have you considered "All season tyres"?

It's a relatively inexpensive upgrade at £138. I think they are M+S rated. I've gone for these as I think storing another set of winter wheels will be a faff. I've got one set cluttering up the garage already!

I have been considering these, yes. Do you know if they add to either road noise or use more fuel (lower MPG?)?

Just thinking that for 95% of our use we won’t need them I expect so don’t want to compromise too much if I can help it?

I'm not sure. I expect that they would. I can't say for certain until they arrive and I know which ones I get.

I half expect that they will be "Goodyear Vector 4seasons"

The fuel efficiency rating appears to be a "C".

As I'm not going to be doing huge mileage I'm not overly concerned about the fuel efficiency.

Getting out of a muddy field or ungritted (Is that a real word?) country lane is the main reason I'm going for it.

Right - appointment booked tomorrow to see Mark at West Yorkshire. Guy didn't do anything wrong, but had also been speaking to Mark all the way along too.

We think tomorrow might well be the day for ordering...

So... did you do it then? :D

Back