Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of fitting an Eibach 35mm lift kit and 235/65/R17 tyres

Keith Brockie

Keith Brockie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Thinking of fitting an Eibach 35mm lift kit and 235/65/R17 Much Latitude cross tyres to an 2017 T6 Cali Ocean 204 DSG 4motion. Does anyone have any experience/recommendations of a similar fit?

Thinking of fitting an Eibach 35mm lift kit and 235/65/R17 Much Latitude cross tyres to an 2017 T6 Cali Ocean 204 DSG 4motion. Does anyone have any experience/recommendations of a similar fit?
Can you do that? I thought I read somewhere that it is not recommended to Lower a 4Motion so would think the same would apply to raising it.

You must be the only one wanting to lift his California. Most on this forum want to lower it.

I had a Client who had his 4 motion Kombi raised. (Now drives a Discovery 5)

You must be the only one wanting to lift his California. Most on this forum want to lower it.
I wonder if there is a term that refers to the reduction in the plant effect when a vehicle is raised, lifted?

4 motions look cool raised, plus if you intend to go off road a good idea, most Calis only go off-road to access the garage across the driveway well ours does.

I wonder if there is a term that refers to the reduction in the plant effect when a vehicle is raised, lifted?

Pig on roller-skates effect? Raised correctly and driven accordingly there should not be an issue.

Raising isn't a problem. The increased tyre radius to 65 might be. I've calculated that 60 would be OK.
65 will have a speedo error on the wrong side for speed cameras, ie you'd be travelling faster than indicated.
You might have clearance issues on the front arch with mud/stones on the footwell side. The tyre extra height is compensated for by the lift.
I'd settle for 235/60/17 SUV Michelin.
You don't say why the extra lift is required, my similar Cali was too high originally.

At least it will make getting to the spare a doddle!

I work as a wildlife artist and would like to take the Cali up tracks with a higher vegetated centre without bottoming out on the hills in Scotland. The vehicle is great for working from sketching with a telescope. I used to have a VW T25 Devon synchro 4 x 4 which was brilliant off road. I'm also considering air suspension, decisions, decisions..........!

I work as a wildlife artist and would like to take the Cali up tracks with a higher vegetated centre without bottoming out on the hills in Scotland. The vehicle is great for working from sketching with a telescope. I used to have a VW T25 Devon synchro 4 x 4 which was brilliant off road. I'm also considering air suspension, decisions, decisions..........!
I bet you wished you had mothballed the synchro in a garage somewhere (or have you?) sort after especially the 16".

Air suspension is the ultimate solution as you raise for off road, lower to standard height for normal road use , lower further if a sport mode or carpark entrance is required and lower for parking. Expensive for a fully auto controlled system.

VB air has 4 height, off road, standard, sport and carpark. It's slow to change height as only a small air supply system. relatively cheap in air suspension terms.
I had it but removed as damping too soft for me. Complete system still in my lock up.
APB Air wouldn't be suitable for your purposes as it lowers the suspension range.
Airride do various kits.

Hi, picking up on this old thread as looking to improve ground clearance a bit - did you have to change any drivetrain components with this setup (looks from the website that you do) and are you running standard 235/55r17 tyres?
Thanks
No changes, but have since fitter 235/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+ and gained a little more.

No changes, but have since fitter 235/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+ and gained a little more.
Hi loz
I am really tempted with the same lift kit as yours but does the van now sit up at the back end like the transporter?
Also are the driveshafts still within their working limits?

Hello. Does anyone know which (if any) of these 30-35 mm lift kits are VW approved? I'm wondering about Seikel Vs Eibach (blitstien?). I need VW approval here in Belgium to get it through it's MOT. Some kits say TUV approved, bit I'm not sure if that is relevant to VW.

Hello. Does anyone know which (if any) of these 30-35 mm lift kits are VW approved? I'm wondering about Seikel Vs Eibach (blitstien?). I need VW approval here in Belgium to get it through it's MOT. Some kits say TUV approved, bit I'm not sure if that is relevant to VW.
i have been recommended the eibach 35mm adjustable t30 comfort strut dampers by transporter hq and also diff spacer,my only worry is the remaining warranty but i do find when loaded the back end is very low so i think its worth the risk

Back