Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of fitting an Eibach 35mm lift kit and 235/65/R17 tyres

I don't really have a choice here. Without full VW approval, I can't get an upgrade.

Hello. Does anyone know which (if any) of these 30-35 mm lift kits are VW approved? I'm wondering about Seikel Vs Eibach (blitstien?). I need VW approval here in Belgium to get it through it's MOT. Some kits say TUV approved, bit I'm not sure if that is relevant to VW.
Hi,
Here in Belgium you can not lift... also with approval. The only solution here is airride :/

Hi,
Here in Belgium you can not lift... also with approval. The only solution here is airride :/
oh, that's a pain! Is that because the air-ride is somehow approved in Belgium, or just because you can lower it for your control technique? or is that because VB air is somehow approved by vw or the begian governement? (so could i get (manually) adjustable suspension and put it at the normal level for the control? i guess not.

i see you have some non-standard sized tyres in your profile picture - do you just put the standard wheels/tyres back on for the control technique?

Help! i'm now looking at air suspension..... my god that's expensive...

Help! i'm now looking at air suspension..... my god that's expensive...
Yes but at a touch of a button you are ready for any terrain.
Various system suppliers to suit requirements.

Some pay about 50% of that on half a colour paint coat. All free choice.

Yes but at a touch of a button you are ready for any terrain.
Various system suppliers to suit requirements.

Some pay about 50% of that on half a colour paint coat. All free choice.
Hi i have just booked my self in for a lift at transporter hq they have recommended the kit below,i am leaving the current wheel set up for now which is 235/55/r17 until i am happy with the lift they say it will improve the ride even though it sits higher we will see.

VW T5 / T6 Eibach 35mm Adjustable Lift Kit with T30 Komfort Struts & Dampers​

£1,450.95

Hi,
i spoke to VW approval here in Brussels and they told me that i could get approval for a Seilel/blistien (non-air) kit. Has anyone else in Belgium managed to do this?

ah, now i re-read your message you say that even with approval vw you cannot lift a T6 in Belgium..... so it is the government who only give permission for air suspension..?

ah, now i re-read your message you say that even with approval vw you cannot lift a T6 in Belgium..... so it is the government who only give permission for air suspension..?
Jup it's the government (De keuring) if you find a solution let me know! I want to lift 2 but not spend 6k on doing it.

Hi i have just booked my self in for a lift at transporter hq they have recommended the kit below,i am leaving the current wheel set up for now which is 235/55/r17 until i am happy with the lift they say it will improve the ride even though it sits higher we will see.

£1,450.95

I'm going down this route too, but am thinking with 245/65/17 tyres (probably Falken Wildpeaks).

I've read that conventional wisdom says to get the diff spacer kit to ensure the driveshaft runs at a straighter angle, so I'll be looking at that too.

How has your experience with the lift been so far?

I'm going down this route too, but am thinking with 245/65/17 tyres (probably Falken Wildpeaks).

I've read that conventional wisdom says to get the diff spacer kit to ensure the driveshaft runs at a straighter angle, so I'll be looking at that too.

Not much in the way of clearance with 235/60/17 on rear arch rear area.

Remember to inform Insurance of any/all modifications, any not declared voids insurance.

hi not had it done yet its booked in for 7th july i will let you know when its fitted

Not much in the way of clearance with 235/60/17 on rear arch rear area.

Remember to inform Insurance of any/all modifications, any not declared voids insurance.
It’ll only void insurance if the undeclared mods are material to the loss.

It’ll only void insurance if the undeclared mods are material to the loss.
Just been going through the exercise of listing, with potential insurers, all the intended mods to my very soon-to-be mine Cali Ocean, including, lift kit, diff spacer kit, AT wheels and tyres, solar, Lipo4 leisure batteries, under body protection and wheel arch and sill protection.
Can't afford not to declare anything!

£1,450.95
How are you finding the ride on the standard wheel set up?

Back