Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of storing my Cali in my garage... Pro's & Cons

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have been toying with the idea of storing my Cali in my garage during the colder months, what are peoples thoughts around the pro's and con's??

I will need to adjust the doors slightly to fit too....
Garage 1.jpgGarage 2.jpgGarage 3.jpg

My only comment would be to remove the awning. It's a fairly straightforward task and probably the highest bit?

My only comment would be to remove the awning. It's a fairly straightforward task and probably the highest bit?
On an unmodified California fitted with factory awning then the highest point is the centre of the roof.

On an unmodified California fitted with factory awning then the highest point is the centre of the roof.
I was expecting this, but my vehicle is totally stock and the awning appears to be the highest point, although I may find the satnav/aerial housing may also be quite high.

Change garage door for a roller one which stows away higher than the opening

If I had the chance to store my Cali indoors I would. Unless it's a great hassle to get it in and out of the garage. It's safer and the impact the weather has on the vehicle must be hugely different.

I can't think of a con, if you don't have to compromise to free up the space, especially if it means you can plug it in.

I would just make sure it was completely dry before storing.

I was expecting this, but my vehicle is totally stock and the awning appears to be the highest point, although I may find the satnav/aerial housing may also be quite high.
Experts suggest the following:-
A. Large garage, dry and well ventilated.
B. Car port with no more than 2 sides so there is good ventilation
C. Outside away from trees

Mine has been outside for the past 10yrs. Washed and waxed in the Autumn.

20240917_143424.jpg

Back