Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Third rail

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We feel sure our hired 2010 Cali didn't have a third / middle rail on the floor. We don't like it and don't intend to have a spare seat. Does anyone know if you can you delete it from the spec?

Think it's standard fit now.

Yes, third rail is now standard, not sure why you would want to remove it as when you sell it on the people who buy it might want to add a 5th seat.

If you're fitting a carpet (which many do) then you could fit the 2 rail carpet instead of the 3 rail version, then the 3rd rail would be covered.

You might find if you fit the 2 rail carpet to a 3 rail van the bed will not slide as it will create a hump.

Kev is correct, if you put a two rail carpet over three rails the seat will not move backwards and forwards.

I've put my brandrup carpet over third rail and bed still slides

Ours is the velour QTM one, maybe the brandrup is not as thick?

There is a roller attached to the bottom of the bench drawer. This will be whats preventing the bench from sliding. Remove this roller or replace it with a smaller diameter one and problem solved. :thumb

Had a meet with a franchise sales rep who told me that the third (middle) rail is only fitted if you have specified a 5th seat.

I think that used to be the case a couple of years ago but ours came with three rails and we did not order a 5th seat

Back