Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thoughts? Aftermarket t6 abt

• Thread starter thesquirrelpatrol
  • Start date
Mine are going on an Indium grey Ocean. When does your's arrive Magpie?

Squirrel, what make are the tyres?

This thread is like a conversation in the forest!

i may have mine before you then it had a build date of week 26. i have also been thinking about the full front and rear kit, vanstyle at mansfield notts supply and fit genuine ABT parts, and are cheaper than ABT at milton keynes.
P

i may have mine before you then it had a build date of week 26. i have also been thinking about the full front and rear kit, vanstyle at mansfield notts supply and fit genuine ABT parts, and are cheaper than ABT at milton keynes.
P
Did you guys all get your abts from a registered abt dealer and pay full price or did you manage to get them off eBay at discount?

From LK Performance who it seems bought them from Team Dynamics as the manufacturer for ABT.

I did wonder how they managed to source them so cheaply given that abt are looking for £4K! I'm assured they are genuine of course or I wouldn't have bought!

The ABT logo is cast into one of the spokes on the inside. Seems a bit over the top for copies. Also Team Dynamics are a good name I think. I think the price is 3000 Euro a set in Germany.

Hi all,
I know you can lower suspension after your can is delivered and VW are able to that at the dealer. Also I know when you order a transporter you can opt for factory lowered suspension.
Can't seem to see that option on the Cali. Is it possible (in the uk) to have it factory lowered?

its not an option from the factory, I don't think, but the lower springs are available as an accessory: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/accessories/california#sticky-bar

When is your van arriving Squirrel to see the ABTs on?
Apparently it is getting built this week which I would estimate means October delivery. Ordered end Feb, didn't expect this long a wait as I was told to expect a July delivery initially. Sold my t5 in June so been without a Cali for two months now, driving a Renault Kangoo work van isn't quite the same!

I believe you can run 20" 9J rims with either 275/35/20 or 275/40/20 tyres. The 40 aspect ratio will give you a little more tyre wall and thus "slightly" better ride. I've seen both sizes fitted and spoke to owners. The 40 aspect ratio look better IMO as they seem to fill the arches better and look a little more balanced on the van. As I said I'm looking to fit 20" mainly for aesthetics reasons and I appreciate its not to everyone's taste, (We are all individuals!) anyway , does anyone else have a view on optimum tyre size for 20's before I commit?

There is another thread on the issue in here. Go above 18" and comfort will decrease for every inch. One of my good friends just reversed from his 20". And I have just been thru the whole and ended up with 18" Toluca because for me comfort is a big issue on a car for traveling.

I see LK Performance have these ABT wheels back in stock.

My cali has arrived in scotland! Last minute thought about these wheels before I fit them, what are you guys going to do for a spare? Can the standard spare still be used with these wheels or given that it is a different rolling circumference does it mean it cannot be used? If so what's the solution?

My cali has arrived in scotland! Last minute thought about these wheels before I fit them, what are you guys going to do for a spare? Can the standard spare still be used with these wheels or given that it is a different rolling circumference does it mean it cannot be used? If so what's the solution?
Why is it a different rolling circumference? Have you got oversized tyres fitted?
All standard wheel/tyre combinations are within a safe tolerance.

I think the *exact* same circumference is with 35 tyres rather than 40s. However my plan was to keep the spare for emergencies anyway, and then get a can of tyre sealant as a first port of call.

Squirrell, will you post a picture with them on?

IMG_2962.JPG

Finally got my wheels on my California. In the end I went for GMP Italia F1 high load 20" x 9J rims in gloss black with polished rims and spokes. What swung it for me with these was the technical look to the spokes. I'm awaiting some VW centre badges to finish it off. I also added gloss black B pillar graphics to extend the window graphic on the side. The Cali was lowered at the dealer 30mm when I bought it. They fit perfectly to the wheel arches now as I always felt the original wheels made the van looked a little over bodied...

View attachment 16545

Finally got my wheels on my California. In the end I went for GMP Italia F1 high load 20" x 9J rims in gloss black with polished rims and spokes. What swung it for me with these was the technical look to the spokes. I'm awaiting some VW centre badges to finish it off. I also added gloss black B pillar graphics to extend the window graphic on the side. The Cali was lowered at the dealer 30mm when I bought it. They fit perfectly to the wheel arches now as I always felt the original wheels made the van looked a little over bodied...
They look very smart and suit the white van well. What tyre size did you go for - is the speedo affected much?

The tyres are 275/20/35 Pirelli PZero Nero. They are very very close to the original diameter and don't run anywhere. The wheel offset was 45.

Back