Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule BackUp 900 fitted on vw bike rack

Hi,
This box fits under the open bike rack on the tow ball. So the bike rack can be used with it in place.
As the luggage weight is on the tow bar, the tailgate may well be happier with just the weight of two bikes on the rack.

Alan
Hi, a late follow-up on this, however how did you manage to get this box? I'm unable to source it: no-one is willing to ship it to the UK or Ireland, and I'm unable to find anywhere that stocks it.

Hi,

Hi, a late follow-up on this, however how did you manage to get this box? I'm unable to source it: no-one is willing to ship it to the UK or Ireland, and I'm unable to find anywhere that stocks it.
I arranged for mft to ship direct to me in the UK. However, that was well before the current EU/UK issues.
As you live in Dublin, I see no reason for them to not ship direct to you.

It was possible to order one on Amazon, but they don't stock it any longer.

However, there is a used one currently for sale on the forum at a very good price.

Hope that helps.

Alan

I am really happy with a Thule Backup 900 fitted to a Thule BackPac 973... It is a secure and very useful setup, highly recommended to avoid a relentless moving of things inside....

View attachment 7444
How did you fix it to the rack?
Can you open it?
Can you open the rear door till the top?
Thank U

However, I find it annoying that the tailgate doesn’t stay open, even with an empty box

Back