Thule bike rack Easybag availability?

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

Retired, and working hard at it
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We need a cargo bag to hold a driveaway awning on the bike rack while travelling. On a site last week I saw a Thule flexible bag being used for this, and after a bit of digging I believe it’s called a Thule Easybag model 948-4. So far,I’ve struck out in trying to buy one, everywhere has them as ‘unavailable’ and I don’t know if it’s because it’s late in the season, or they’re not made any longer. I wondered if anyone could guide me ? Cheers :thumb

We need a cargo bag to hold a driveaway awning on the bike rack while travelling. On a site last week I saw a Thule flexible bag being used for this, and after a bit of digging I believe it’s called a Thule Easybag model 948-4. So far,I’ve struck out in trying to buy one, everywhere has them as ‘unavailable’ and I don’t know if it’s because it’s late in the season, or they’re not made any longer. I wondered if anyone could guide me ? Cheers :thumb

This one is purpose built for the factory Cali rack, just make sure you get the right version (T6 or T6) as they are slightly different sizes or you could just strap the awning straight onto the bike rack as guessing it already comes in a bag?

Trying to keep the awning dry, hence wanting a cover. We’ve got a non waterproof bag which worked fine until it chucked it down on the road from Scotland. I’ll take a look at the Brandrup ones - probably an arm and a leg like most Brandrup stuff?!

There is a 2nd hand one for sale on the forum

Also take a look at The North Face bags, as they are waterproof and could be padlocked to a bike rack. And the large ones can fit a small adult in.

Would recommend Bags4Everything. We picked up a bike rack bag from them last week and it was great. Needed a little adjustment for the T6.1 rack but they were happy to do that free of charge whilst I waited. They took measurements from my Quasimodo so should be able to do more no problem.

Pretty certain that they are no longer made as the Easybase that they fit is discontinued.
One (pricey) on Ebay

Would recommend Bags4Everything. We picked up a bike rack bag from them last week and it was great. Needed a little adjustment for the T6.1 rack but they were happy to do that free of charge whilst I waited. They took measurements from my Quasimodo so should be able to do more no problem.

Thanks - this sounds ideal so I’ll give them a go :thumb