Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule or Fiamma awnings

Racing 47

Racing 47

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Have just collected our new Ocean which does not have a wind out awning. Enquired with 2 van centres and price to supply and fit is working out to approx £1100, whereas the Fiamma awning from the club shop is about £650 with discount and free fitting in February. Obvious question is should we go for Thule or is Fiamma just as good. Peoples experiences/comments would be appreciated.

My experience of my Fiamma F45 self install.
Have really liked the Awning and glad I fitted it. Sturdy and good design.

Only very minor con is the metal cap at the rear end has got bubbling paint after 4 years, i could replace it for about 30quid but its hardly noticeable unless you look closely so I havent bothered. Works a treat and has a massive coverage.

I think since the Thule ones stopped using the two pieces of material glued together they are much better too. I believe the end caps are made of plastic so won't have the same issue but also won't be as sturdy. The Thule is sleeker I feel but both are great awnings.

Have just collected our new Ocean which does not have a wind out awning. Enquired with 2 van centres and price to supply and fit is working out to approx £1100, whereas the Fiamma awning from the club shop is about £650 with discount and free fitting in February. Obvious question is should we go for Thule or is Fiamma just as good. Peoples experiences/comments would be appreciated.

I have had experience of both:

- F45 on my old T4 (purchased 2nd hand for £150 on eBay)
- Thule on current California.

They are both excellent. Thule one looks a bit better. Fiamma seemed more sturdy, but that said have not broken anything yet on the Thule!

i have experience of both also i had the thule on my SE and now have a fiamma on my Beach i prefer the fiamma its more sturdy in my opinion

Back