Thule QuickFit

Spartan

Spartan

(not human)
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi

I hope everyone is safe & well. I know this subject has been raised before (see here), however, since I noticed that Thule has introduced a special model of this "awning tent" for the Ducato H2 van, I contacted Thule to ask if they had any ambition to produce a version for the VW California (or would listen to a request for such).

This is the kind of product I'm referring to:

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/motorhome-accessories/tents/thule-quickfit-260-m-medium-_-307056

As I tried to point out to Thule support, currently the only Thule "awning tent" option for the VW California is the "G3 residence" (aka safari room) - considered to be too bulky, heavy, slow-to-fit (not to mention eye-wateringly expensive)? - and there could be a market for a relatively small, lightweight, quick-to-fit alternative (this is how Thule describes it after all - why else name it the "QuickFit"?).

Unfortunately, the support response I got was (perhaps predictably) not particularly supportive and - almost to prove they weren't listening? - I was directed back to the G3 residence (I'd already mentioned to them) and the G2 rain-blockers. :headbang

Hi

I hope everyone is safe & well. I know this subject has been raised before (see here), however, since I noticed that Thule has introduced a special model of this "awning tent" for the Ducato H2 van, I contacted Thule to ask if they had any ambition to produce a version for the VW California (or would listen to a request for such).

This is the kind of product I'm referring to:

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/motorhome-accessories/tents/thule-quickfit-260-m-medium-_-307056

As I tried to point out to Thule support, currently the only Thule "awning tent" option for the VW California is the "G3 residence" (aka safari room) - considered to be too bulky, heavy, slow-to-fit (not to mention eye-wateringly expensive)? - and there could be a market for a relatively small, lightweight, quick-to-fit alternative (this is how Thule describes it after all - why else name it the "QuickFit"?).

Unfortunately, the support response I got was (perhaps predictably) not particularly supportive and - almost to prove they weren't listening? - I was directed back to the G3 residence (I'd already mentioned to them) and the G2 rain-blockers. :headbang
Why call it Medium, if they don't intend to make it in a Small version?