Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tips, tricks and weather

Swissian

Swissian

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
In just over a week I'll be heading up to Denmark for 2 weeks :)

Excited to be visiting a new country as I've only ever been to the airport on my way to Iceland.

Any tips or tricks and must see places that are not in the tourist guides?

Driving up from Switzerland and will be bringing my bike so I hope to do some little bike tours or walking.

Also, is there a semi reliable source for weather information that anyone could recommend?

Cheers
Ian

Guess @Kmann sure can get you started....

In just over a week I'll be heading up to Denmark for 2 weeks :)

Excited to be visiting a new country as I've only ever been to the airport on my way to Iceland.

Any tips or tricks and must see places that are not in the tourist guides?

Driving up from Switzerland and will be bringing my bike so I hope to do some little bike tours or walking.

Also, is there a semi reliable source for weather information that anyone could recommend?

Cheers
Ian
We did a trip to Copenhagen and would recommend camping charlottenlund. Check the spelling! It’s in a northern suburb of Copenhagen right on the coast and the bus route into the city. Enjoy your trip.

It all depends where you are going (in Denmark) and what you are after. Despite it is a small country, there are so many things to do and see.

If you want to have other sleep-overs that camping places I can recommend to have a look at Pintrip.eu. (similar to britstop). Also, many of the small harbours have room for campervans (and offers shower and toilets).

Use DMI.dk (Danish only) or YR.no for the most predictable weather forecast.

Find also information (dividable into regions) and good for planning on VisitDenmark and in Friluftsguiden you can find an overview of the bike and walking paths in Denmark.

We had a great family holiday in Denmark last summer with our Cali.

Although we didn’t take our bikes we noticed that the country generally is very cycle-friendly (lots of dedicated cycle paths, bike parking and excellent provision for bikes on trains) and there are no hills.

We bought a Copenhagen card whilst in that area - it covers a very wide area around Copenhagen and gave unlimited use of public transport in Copenhagen, a Copenhagen boat trip and entry to lots of museums/attractions.

We visited the Viking Ship museum at Roskilde which was excellent. We paid extra to crew a replica viking ship around the bay.

We visited several palaces (Kronborg, Frederiksborg, Egeskov) - all very good in different ways.

The National Aquarium (outskirts of Copenhagen near the Oresund bridge) was very good.

Lots of fabulous coastline and beaches.

Enjoyed a fab couple of days at Legoland.

The list of possibilities is long - plenty to suit whatever your tastes are.

Have fun.

Thanks all for the info. Taken it all on board and have put together a list of possibilities. Now just just have to hope for some reasonable weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back