Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tom at Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased my California beach from @Tomdbreeze at beginning of March and have been well looked after, he has got back to me with answers for all my questions and dealt with all my changes after I placed the order.

not sure this thread is particularly nice of people and feels like a witch hunt, if people have issues with the man maybe the better route is to take it up with management at the dealership themselves rather posting on social media after all he is only human.

I also had a very good experience buying from Tom at Breeze. Regular proactive communication and answers to all my questions. I suspect that Breeze generally offers one of the better VW Commercial dealer experiences available, notwithstanding as he honestly admits, no-one gets it right all the time. We ought to remember that Tom is very unusual in being prepared to put his head above the parapet by being on here in the first place, because having a dealer perspective on lead times etc is useful to the wider membership, not just Breeze customers.

I have to say, this thread has made me feel a bit uncomfortable in its direction. Calling out a person or company on social media should be a last resort, and some of these complaints and comments appear a bit near the knuckle.
Fair play to Tom for making himself so accessible but it shouldn’t mean he’s an easy target.
From what I’ve seen (and experienced) Tom and Breeze far exceed other dealerships and are not only accessible but generally proactive.
Compare this to my buying experience with a dealership who have a well known YouTube posting manager who never had the decency to reply to a single call or mail of mine throughout the problems I had with my massively delayed build!

Calling out a person or company on social media should be a last resort

Compare this to my buying experience with a dealership who have a well known YouTube posting manager who never had the decency to reply to a single call or mail of mine throughout the problems I had with my massively delayed build!
An example of last resort then?

Of all forums I've been on, I can only think of a handful of 'trade' people who contributed and carried it off. There were many more who suffered the wrath of the peanut gallery, and probably regretted getting involved!

Tom’s been great bar the odd delay in a response so happy to recommend him if that’s what this thread is about. I’m looking forward to seeing him again as it means our van will have arrived! Very excited.

If anyone has a good word to say about this chap Tom or has a good experience with this company then please make an effort to contact VAG and tell them. Phone or email good. No matter how long ago. Or take the time to fill out the forms or surveys they might receive. The fist banging screamers too often drown the contented hum of happy customers. Especially when they take to well read public internet forums. Maybe VW need to look at why van dealers are dealing with indignant £65000 VW Cali buyers...maybe not...tell them about your experience

Maybe Tom would care to explain why I am a tad underwhelmed by the dealer when I purchased the van, especially as I am being so belligerent and unreasonable. It would appear that we can only say good things about how we were treated when purchasing a vehicle. It would be good to hear from Tom on how he thought the whole buying process and after sales experience was from his honest perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back