Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Topper left in when closing roof

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We closed the roof with a 2.5 topper still up top as we forgot to take it out. , it did it final wurring thing and would not close fully. It seems alright and closes once we take out the topper but is there a possibility it will have damaged the roof ? If so what should I look out for or need to do to fix any issues .. thanks

We closed the roof with a 2.5 topper still up top as we forgot to take it out. , it did it final wurring thing and would not close fully. It seems alright and closes once we take out the topper but is there a possibility it will have damaged the roof ? If so what should I look out for or need to do to fix any issues .. thanks
I would have thought that if it’s still opening and closing correctly with no funny noises you should be ok..

Lesson learnt. You should be fine.

It seems fine but a few days later a rattling started above the drivers side, sound like it was coming from the corner above the sun visor. Raised the roof still happened. Then pressed down on the roof from above on top of van and it stopped rattling. Don’t know if the two are connected but would think it might be ..

Could be a rattler in the wind out awning if you have one fitted. Check it is securely wound in.
It seems fine but a few days later a rattling started above the drivers side, sound like it was coming from the corner above the sun visor. Raised the roof still happened. Then pressed down on the roof from above on top of van and it stopped rattling. Don’t know if the two are connected but would think it might be ..

It was from the roof for sure not the awning

Back