Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof closing

L

Louise Simms

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
After dropping the raised roof and pulling across the shuttered section of the roof to meet the main body of the vehicle, it initially seems to click closed but after driving along for a bit start to open and retract back exposing the roof fabric. The sort of clip doesn’t seem damaged at all. Does anyone else have this issue and if so how have you resolved it? It’s really annoying having to keep pulling it back across.

Thank you
Louise

lots of people shouting SEARCH!!!!!. but anyway it is normal and easily remedied . look at the 2 black strips in the channel near the mattress end. are they worn? my guess is yes. it's normal. and that's the issue. just stick one half of a Velcro strip over them or near them to stiffen up the operation of the panel. i believe you can buy some anti rattle tape or something. i cured mine with the Velcro trick.

lots of people shouting SEARCH!!!!!. but anyway it is normal and easily remedied . look at the 2 black strips in the channel near the mattress end. are they worn? my guess is yes. it's normal. and that's the issue. just stick one half of a Velcro strip over them or near them to stiffen up the operation of the panel. i believe you can buy some anti rattle tape or something. i cured mine with the Velcro trick.

Thank you, great advice will give it a go.
Can’t find a search icon! Will keep looking

Thank you, great advice will give it a go.
Can’t find a search icon! Will keep looking
if your using ypur phone zoom in on the pic. it's a tiny magnifying glass in the bottom right corner. I missed it before and have been telt many times

It’s apparently a ‘feature’ to give your arms a workout when they get tired of holding the wheel.....

Any more highlighting of this "feature" and VW would be charging for it as an "option". :shocked

Any more highlighting of this "feature" and VW would be charging for it as an "option". :shocked
So you would select your option, then have tick box for "functioning" or "non functioning".
It does help us oldies keep the shoulders loose!

So you would select your option, then have tick box for "functioning" or "non functioning".
It does help us oldies keep the shoulders loose!

Option: Tambour roof closure with heavy duty fitting:

Premium option: (only available with 3- way climatronic ) .... "Air circulation pack: Climatronic 3 way air conditioning: Loose window closure on sliding rear windows: Auto-opening of tambour roof closure: