Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Torqe setting

K

Kev56

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Anyone know the torque setting for 18inch alloys?

Wheel size doesn't alter the torque settings.

180 Nm - 133 ft/lbs

I saw that, was just checking, wow thats over 130ft/lbs I think i'll carry a decent socket and extension bar, the supplied one looks pretty naff. Over the weekend i fitted a new spare wheel and carrier, today i'm removing the wheels and copper slipping the mating surfaces. What should have been a straight forward job turned into a right faff.
While i'm at it, the jack just about looks 'adequate' and how do you stop it rubbing on the body work.
Thanks.

Without sounding patronising, don't copper slip the threads of the wheel bolts as it mucks up the torque settings and they'll end up much tighter for a given torque.

An extendable wheel-brace is your friend for the van when out and about. Only ever tighten it with the brace in "short" mode, then you should always be able to crack the bolts with it extended.

A breaker bar with a short extension is best for the lock bolts as origonal tool or alternatives are angled and tend to twist the lock key off.

I've found a good wax polish on both the hubs and wheel centres prevents the wheels corroding on to the hubs.

Back