Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Touch screen of Discover media system faulty

Willshake

Willshake

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
My 2016 Ocean media touch screen doesn't appear to be working properly. I have to tap the characters really hard when programming Navigation to get any response.
Returning home on a fairly hot day yesterday none of the buttons Radio, media, phone etc worked either!
This morning I have tried the equipment and it's working but with touchscreen again not responding properly.
Any advice?

My 2016 Ocean media touch screen doesn't appear to be working properly. I have to tap the characters really hard when programming Navigation to get any response.
Returning home on a fairly hot day yesterday none of the buttons Radio, media, phone etc worked either!
This morning I have tried the equipment and it's working but with touchscreen again not responding properly.
Any advice?
Have you done a Reset?

Any advice?
My 2016 Ocean had the same issue recently and was fixed under extended warranty. Apparently it was given a software update and seems to be working fine now. Similar issue with car play, also fixed by same update.

Same issue with our 2016 unit just replaced whole unit with a new one

If still under warranty, get it fixed, quick!
Had exactly same thing on our 2016 Beach - seems to be a common problem, apparently fixed now, possibly :-(
Sat Nav Systems were fab at sorting it. Got new unit with all the extras (including the amazingly useless voice control) for around £1400, but they will also fix your existing one with a warranty...

Same issue with our 2016 unit just replaced whole unit with a new one
Good morning, do you mind if ask how much this cost? Same problem here, seems to be a common problem. With 2016 models. Did you replace the unit yourself?

Good morning, do you mind if ask how much this cost? Same problem here, seems to be a common problem. With 2016 models. Did you replace the unit yourself?
It’s a while since this fault was fixed but I seem to remember Listers VW replaced the unit for half price £900 saying the other £900 was goodwill

@Lewisd3 - it was well over £1000 but we were within our 5-year extended VW warranty would not have been replaced if playing myself - would have gone with non-VW without sat nav.

On a similar note: does the “motion control” work for anyone?
All I can see is a little hand icon showing up, but I haven’t been able to control anything with it.
Is it broken?

Back