Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towing with lowered suspension

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
This is a hyperthetical question to gauge some possibilities for the future for me.
Who tows with lowered suspension, be it factory eibach or bilstein b14s? I have the option to use the parents caravan, should I want, and I have a small trailer for tip runs or carry camping gear/bikes.
My van is a T5 Beach which is fairly standard except for h&r arbs and currently mulling over lowering.
Tow bar is already fitted, though not factory fitted.
Thoughts and experience appreciated.

This is a hyperthetical question to gauge some possibilities for the future for me.
Who tows with lowered suspension, be it factory eibach or bilstein b14s? I have the option to use the parents caravan, should I want, and I have a small trailer for tip runs or carry camping gear/bikes.
My van is a T5 Beach which is fairly standard except for h&r arbs and currently mulling over lowering.
Tow bar is already fitted, though not factory fitted.
Thoughts and experience appreciated.
The EC Directive 94/20/EC (The standard that all towbars are designed to) states that the tow ball height should be between 350 and 420mm from the ground with the vehicle in a 'laden' state.

As long as the Towball height is within that range, and the Caravan is EC compliant there should be no problem.

I have a bone stock factory T6 with factory bar. When towing a horse trailer it sits slightly nose down (both t6 and trailer unloaded) compared to my X3 and shogun before it which were dead level. The factory towbar height not adjustable.Mainly for this reason I have decided to leave the T6 at factory height the rear of which already seems on the low side to me. There have been reports of the spare safe catching as well.

With lowered suspension can the spare wheel still be accessed. It’s a faff with normal height!

Back