Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trip to the loo my darling!

ChrisB

ChrisB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
This is a genuine question for users of porta pottis or similar loos.

What sort of loo roll do you use. Thetford recommend using their own brand of special paper, which is expensive. I use this and it works fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses normal 'bog standard' loo roll and if so, do they have any problems at the disposal point etc.

Regards

ChrisB

The special paper breaks down fully so is recommended for a reason I think

Standard loo paper. Never had a problem. Just make sure the container is fully emptied to prevent any clogging.

The cheaper "basic" breaks down a lot better than the 3 ply expensive quilted stuff.

We use normal paper but always bag the paper rather than putting in porta potti

Charles

I use no
We use normal paper but always bag the paper rather than putting in porta potti

Charles
I'm thinking of going down this route. It's the flushing of paper that my Biopot finds a challenge. As has been discussed on other threads it's quite acceptable to put the bagged paper in with general waste .... Or so I understand!

I use no

I'm thinking of going down this route. It's the flushing of paper that my Biopot finds a challenge. As has been discussed on other threads it's quite acceptable to put the bagged paper in with general waste .... Or so I understand!
That's where the Disposable nappies go.
Mind you, if you are going to all that trouble then you might as well use the " Bog in a Bag ".

Ordinary loo paper but the cheaper sort. Yes you might use more than the quilted ones, but it breaks down easier. Haven't had a problem yet.

I use a dock leaf in the bushes
I think that is very sad. We here in NZ try to discourage people from crapping in other peoples property or bush. Imagine some one pulling up in front of your house & dumping on your lawn. Surely you are NOT A RESPONSIBLE CALI OWNER. May u grab a hand full of nettles next time as the other reader mentioned.

This is also frowned upon in the UK and possibly illegal,
I think that is very sad. We here in NZ try to discourage people from crapping in other peoples property or bush. Imagine some one pulling up in front of your house & dumping on your lawn. Surely you are NOT A RESPONSIBLE CALI OWNER. May u grab a hand full of nettles next time as the other reader mentioned.

This is also frowned upon in the UK and possibly illegal, I would hope the poster is in the minority of California owners.

Clearly flying banana was joking and you don't generally find dock leaves in front gardens so switching it to a dump on someone's lawn seems a bit of a leap. If he's caught short on a hike goes somewhere off footpath and does actually use a dock leaf I see no problem at all. It is far better than putting it in a plastic bag and hanging it from a bush or tree like some dog owners.

This is also frowned upon in the UK and possibly illegal,

This is also frowned upon in the UK and possibly illegal, I would hope the poster is in the minority of California owners.
I think that Flying Banana was probably joking? That's how I read it anyway. .....

it was a joke. well spotted....now calm down...of course dumping on people's property is frowned upon in the UK. same as new Zealand . do you think I go round crimping off a length of dirty spine on people's front lawn? as mentioned at least we don't hang it in trees like dog owners. now relax........

when I was a lad we used old newspaper cut in sections bound with old string gave you something to read while waiting for the world to go by :happy
Luxury. Absolute bloody luxury. When I were a lad we couldn’t even afford newspaper, we had to use old postage stamps. But even that was luxury compared to my dad, he didn’t even have toilet and had to hold it in until he was 14 when he went to work in the salt mines, and even then he had to queue up for 2 hours after his shift. :(

Back