Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TUV Rated wheel supplier list

Admin - Pin this up somewhere ?

There will be manufacturers not on that list that sell TÜV certified wheels (e.g. Wolfrace) but not all their wheels will be TÜV certified.

There also seems to be the possibility of non TUV certified wheels being made in TÜV certified factories but I’m not 100% on that one. For example, DRC are not on that list but a number of vendors say “DRC's are manufactured to the highest quality & standards in TÜV approved factories”

While this list is useful, I don’t think it will ever be definitive.

Last edited:

Useful info. Appears you have TÜV Manufacturer Certification and Wheel Testing Certificates. You need Manufacturer Certification before you can send your wheels for individual certification.Not every wheel from a TÜV certified manufacturer will necessarily be TÜV certified itself.

There’s no geographical limitations on factories that can be TÜV certified either. HRE’s production facilities are in USA for example.

Last edited:

Useful info. Appears you have TÜV Manufacturer Certification and Wheel Testing Certificates. You need Manufacturer Certification before you can send your wheels for individual certification.

There’s no geographical limitations on factories that can be TÜV certified either. HRE’s production facilities are in USA for example.
I have a set of mono block forged HRE P40SC's I'm currently trying to get TÜV certification for. Not all sizes, offsets etc are certified. I'm hoping my standard 19" wheels for a 2014 Audi S4 were certified.

that is interesting that other countries in Europe require testing certificates like TUV. Im am really surprised that the UK don't ask for any validation that the wheels are fit. I go back to my original statement, do your research when buying wheels. I would have never bought from a middle man supplier of Chinese wheels without documentation if I had know.

Im am really surprised that the UK don't ask for any validation that the wheels are fit.
I am not. Who do you think is going to be interested in seeing a testing certificate?

Other than load capacity on commercial vehicle tyres nothing is checked in the MOT & generally the only record that anyone has changed anything is if the owner has informed their insurance company of a modification.

The wheels you bought do have certification which would be sufficient in countries that accept that regime of testing. They just don't have a test certificate from a testing authority acceptable to the country you are trying to get the vehicle tested in. There is nothing to say that TUV wouldn't pass them & the factory if tested.

Last edited:
Back