Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tv time!!

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
i was thinking about getting a tv until i read this. thanks. you've saved me some money. lol.
Do your own thing. We watch the tv in the early Spring/Autumn/Winter when it gets dark at 4pm.

Nothing wrong with a tv and staying at home just to watch tv doesn't make sense. You can watch it at night and during the day enjoy, the hills, beaches, countryside etc.

PS. We haven't watched Eastenders for over 15 years.

cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
If you want pretty much guaranteed tv coverage get an old style pronged aerial on an aluminium 3 piece pole and position it through a slot of the bike rack and secure with one of the bike prongs.Then feed the signal through a £20 vision plus VP amplifier and then into the back of your TV set. The set up can be run entirely in 12v mode if required, and I haven't failed to get a decent signal anywhere yet. Just need to work out the orientation - vertical or horizontal - of the aerial. This can normally be obtained by walking around the site and looking for a rig that has already worked it out for you.

We don't take the tv when we go on "the continent". No need because a lot of big whites have tv's on swivel mounts so that they can orient the tv externally for the benefit of all :(.

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
If you want pretty much guaranteed tv coverage get an old style pronged aerial on an aluminium 3 piece pole and position it through a slot of the bike rack and secure with one of the bike prongs.Then feed the signal through a £20 vision plus VP amplifier and then into the back of your TV set. The set up can be run entirely in 12v mode if required, and I haven't failed to get a decent signal anywhere yet. Just need to work out the orientation - vertical or horizontal - of the aerial. This can normally be obtained by walking around the site and looking for a rig that has already worked it out for you.

We don't take the tv when we go on "the continent". No need because a lot of big whites have tv's on swivel mounts so that they can orient the tv externally for the benefit of all :(.
Same here, tv in the UK only.

VW California Club