Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'Twas the night before christ6mas...

Great Colour, great photo's .nice no badges on back

Is that the "Privacy glass .." option? As there was some confusion over that option versus the "Laminated glass package" option. It looks good though!

Yeah that the privacy glass. Some here have found it too light but I'm happy with it.

Some people on the german txboard forum thinks its too dark :)
Do you have heated rear window or the thicker one?

Some people on the german txboard forum thinks its too dark :)
Do you have heated rear window or the thicker one?
Just the heated rear window.
Is the privacy glass the same tint around Europe? Some European pics seems to have darker tinted windows. Might just be the photo though.

Very nice Cali. That is going to look good even on the dullest of days.

Ha! I see it on the brochure now. I mean, how many random changes can they make can a few months? Seems rather arbitrary to me, as if they needed to have a 'special colour' for the Beach so chose its signature colour and added 250 quid.

As excited as I am by the T6 I have on order, I can't pretend that VW is not appalling me along the way with how they are handling their pricing and brochures.

The anxiety of ordering a T6, it's even more complicated than ordering a BMW.
For example, I haven't ordered heated rear window, nor heated front window.
I imagine I will someday (if my economy will ever recover) have a bike holder mounted on the rear anyway so the no need to de ice the window.
I hope the thicker windows will be better at something since the heating is a no cost option.

Where is it, no seriously :D

I think its a very nice rich shade of yellow and prettier than the paler T5 hue IMHO. I had white on order, but changed it to indium grey because I suspect I'm going to do lots of wild and stealth camping associated with my photographic adventures and figured out not standing out will be to my advantage. I can't deny that the yellow looks super though!

How does the engine feel, with it being so new?

Hey, sorry all.
Decided to arrange a work meeting at the Inn at Whitewell in the beautiful Trough of Bowland.
It was a great drive made even greater by driving Yellow! I love the increased drive height. So good for nosying over hedges.
Here are a few pics of the van for anyone interested (especially those waiting for their T6).
View attachment 11438 View attachment 11439 View attachment 11440 View attachment 11441 View attachment 11443 View attachment 11444

Where is it, no seriously :D

I think its a very nice rich shade of yellow and prettier than the paler T5 hue IMHO. I had white on order, but changed it to indium grey because I suspect I'm going to do lots of wild and stealth camping associated with my photographic adventures and figured out not standing out will be to my advantage. I can't deny that the yellow looks super though!

How does the engine feel, with it being so new?
Engine feels fine. Slowish to get going in low gears but motorway driving its very easy to get to 85 without realising. Smooth and quick.
Glad I did 150. Don't think I'd want anything with less power. Not sure they should even offer the other lower powered engine.

Do you think the slowness to get going is due to the short first gear, or just the mass vs engine? I'm glad to hear it cruises well.

I didn't even consider the lower powered one and might have jumped for the 204 had it been available on the Beach.

I'm guessing it will feel a bit more spritely with more miles on the clock.

Do you think the slowness to get going is due to the short first gear, or just the mass vs engine? I'm glad to hear it cruises well.

I didn't even consider the lower powered one and might have jumped for the 204 had it been available on the Beach.

I'm guessing it will feel a bit more spritely with more miles on the clock.
Probably due to the short first gear (and second). It's when it feels most van like. Which is fine by me. I love van driving. Not in this for the speed or low suspension!
Loving it.
I maybe would have done 204 if it was available. More likely 4motion if it was on the spec list.

A few more pics after an early morning jaunt to Lytham St Annes.
Our first trip out as a family. Wasn't sure what to expect as it wasn't warm enough to play out for long and my eldest son has Autism and Downs Syndrome so he can find change hard and it could have been a very quick stop off if he couldn't settle. It turned out to be a brilliantly successful trip. We had brunch around the table with the roof up and the parking heater on (essential when it was -2º outside!). After food we lowered the bed and let the kids play 'upstairs' whilst looking at the view with their higher vantage point. It was amazing. Everyone was very happy and relaxed and we loved the amount of glass in the beach to soak up the views. I tried to test the awning but it was so cold I couldn't get the legs down!
We had a lovely couple stop and chat with us, they have a t4 and are looking to change to a Cali. They wanted the beach for the wider bed. One of the reasons I wanted one too. Was nice to show the beach off without showing off (if that makes sense).
I'm getting more confident with the roof now. Going up is easy, it's the closing that always stresses me slightly. Bellows paranoia sets in. All good though.
We're finally living the dream!
:bananadance

IMG_4599.jpg
Apologies for the 3 blurries!
IMG_4613.jpg
IMG_4595.JPG IMG_4596.JPG

Great to share your experience. I can't believe I am 5-6 months from the same :)
Sometimes at night I have a hard time over this huge expense, but I have to tell myself it will be our summerhouse, boat, RV and great car all in one package.

Could you take a picture of the blinds in the front window?

Great to share your experience. I can't believe I am 5-6 months from the same :)
Sometimes at night I have a hard time over this huge expense, but I have to tell myself it will be our summerhouse, boat, RV and great car all in one package.

Could you take a picture of the blinds in the front window?
You won't regret it!
Will take a picture of the blinds as soon as i can. I haven't even unwrapped them yet!

A few more pics after an early morning jaunt to Lytham St Annes.
Our first trip out as a family. Wasn't sure what to expect as it wasn't warm enough to play out for long and my eldest son has Autism and Downs Syndrome so he can find change hard and it could have been a very quick stop off if he couldn't settle. It turned out to be a brilliantly successful trip. We had brunch around the table with the roof up and the parking heater on (essential when it was -2º outside!). After food we lowered the bed and let the kids play 'upstairs' whilst looking at the view with their higher vantage point. It was amazing. Everyone was very happy and relaxed and we loved the amount of glass in the beach to soak up the views. I tried to test the awning but it was so cold I couldn't get the legs down!
We had a lovely couple stop and chat with us, they have a t4 and are looking to change to a Cali. They wanted the beach for the wider bed. One of the reasons I wanted one too. Was nice to show the beach off without showing off (if that makes sense).
I'm getting more confident with the roof now. Going up is easy, it's the closing that always stresses me slightly. Bellows paranoia sets in. All good though.
We're finally living the dream!
:bananadance

View attachment 11456
Apologies for the 3 blurries!
View attachment 11457
View attachment 11458 View attachment 11459
Looks like Grannys Bay next to Fairhaven Lake? Glad you had a great trip out, van looks really nice.:thumb

Looks like Grannys Bay next to Fairhaven Lake? Glad you had a great trip out, van looks really nice.:thumb
That's right, well spotted!
We were going to go to Ainsdale beach so we could drive onto the beach but it's closed (to cars) for the off season. I really like Lytham St Anne's though and it was a beautiful morning with a lovely view.

Thank you very much. Not a very snug fit :)
Was it something special with the curtains on the rhd models? Or was that ocean only?