Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Twisted draw handle

Ian Maddocks

Ian Maddocks

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Does the under bench drawn opening handle look normal?

It twists and there’s a metal spring forcing the top corner to protruding.

5E6B8BE9-9274-4164-A945-5C246FFAF54F.jpeg
2464C879-0852-47DF-BB27-118859A796CC.jpeg

Doesn't look right to me. Should open by pulling up from the bottom. This looks twisted.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Good evening,

No, that doesn't look right. Is the handle still moving? I was wondering how this could happen.

Keep us informed how it get fixed, please. Is it possible to bend the handel back? Does the van has to go to VW?

Regards,
Eberhard

That black lever should be a piece apart. Can you get it off the mechanism without breaking it?
Maybe it has become loose, or there is something broken on the plastic?
It looks like it can be ordered separately, so unless the metal mechanism has been bent, it would just be a case of clicking the plastic back in place?

Good evening,

No, that doesn't look right. Is the handle still moving? I was wondering how this could happen.

Keep us informed how it get fixed, please. Is it possible to bend the handel back? Does the van has to go to VW?

Regards,
Eberhard
Handle works fine.
The twisting (as you look from the front) can be twisted back to square / normal with no force needed. What I can’t fix is the metal spring(?) pushing it out from the top.

As with the forum’s help you’ve confirmed it’s not normal, a trip to VW Northampton is needed.

I just don’t know what normal looks like and where the metal spring(?) should go.
From the top it should look like this
bbac0a26946b41d6e3cd17e87f43bfbe.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The end of the spring should be here
583138e16b304b53abbad80831119da4.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back