Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre inflation pumps - what do you use?

Ring tends to be a decent brand for value/performance. I have one of these, a bit faster than the car focused models.

Ring RAC820 12V Fast Flow Tyre Inflator, Preset Function, Adaptor Set and Storage Case https://amzn.eu/d/65PVx8M

I do have an ARB for off road use when airing up and down is a requirement, expensive but fast and durable.

Ring RTC6000 Cordless.
Digital Read out.
A birthday present.
It works well and was a 'What Car' recommended buy.

Having had a couple of digital ones which ran from the 12V socket but proved unreliable, I went fairly old-school with this pretty robust model from Ring.
I've had it about 6 years now. It runs direct from the vehicle battery terminals and had proved robust, reliable, quick and accurate. The air-hose also reaches easily to all the wheels on my LWB T6

All petrol stations near us either have crap or paying inflation stations - or both (the continent where I grew up had free pumps everywhere) so I am looking at purchasing a pump/compressor. Which (small/compact) type/model would you advise? There’s a lot out there online but I’d be happiest with advice from some discerning fellow Cali users. Thank you!
Michelin footpump, free workout!

Bosch Easy Pump 3. Glove box sized.
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I had been looking for a new TP gauge and I am playing with pressures in my new tyres. Watching the videos, this looks like a great unit for checking and going up and down a few lbs without having to worry about cables. Added bonus, found someone selling it for £55 with next day delivery

Bosch Easy Pump 3. Glove box sized.
That’s got an impressive 10/10 from Road.cc!
Clearly I need to up my game and get one of these double-barrelled bad boys… It won’t fit in the tool kit compartment but it does match the van so definitely worth it :)

IMG_2749.jpeg

That’s got an impressive 10/10 from Road.cc!
Clearly I need to up my game and get one of these double-barrelled bad boys… It won’t fit in the tool kit compartment but it does match the van so definitely worth it :)

View attachment 110497
Perfect for the tandem riding duo.

Back