Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre pressures

C

Cali-Kev

Hello, California picked up at weekend and really happy with it :)

We plan to use it as our daily car aswell and what I want to know is what tyre pressure to use? weekdays it will be empty yet when we go camping at weekends it will be full with gear.

I dont want to change the tyre pressure every weekend so shall I just go for the fully laden pressure all the time

Thanks for the time

Kevin

Should be on the drivers B post, visible when you open the door. Its all dependant on what size wheels you have

I know what the tyre pressures are, my question is which one should I use , the fitter at kwik fit said to go for fully laden but he only looked about 12 years old so not sure if I trust his advice

Custard said:
Have we not got two Cali-Kevs?

James

I think we actually have three Cali Kevs, someone is going to have to change their name :lol:

Il change mine :laugh2 :laugh2

Calikev said:
Il change mine :laugh2 :laugh2

NO Kev you'll confuse us guys who have been around a while !! Maybe that's part of your plan !! :shocked

Kev, have you seen Kav's hammer?
No Kev, I think Kev last had it after he borrowed it from Kev.

I better ask kev :laugh2 :laugh2 I just remembered all my emails are calikev and apart from Martin I am the longest serving member so I better stay calikev :thumb sorry other kev's :laugh2

Kev kev kev....did we decide fully laden or not? When I picked mine up and went to check pressures I choose the lower psi but all the tyres were at the fully laden pressure??? Might pump them back up....?!?!

I tend to keep mine at fully laden all the time. I suspect that the pressure sticker on the door pillar is the same as on 'basic' T5 vans - where there is a substantial difference between unladen and fully laden weights - though I must say I have not checked the stickers out - not that obsessional . . . .yet.

But the fact is that Calis run at well over the unladen weight all the time, with all the extra kit, so I tend towards the upper end of the range all the time.

Lewis

lewisnoble said:
I tend to keep mine at fully laden all the time. I suspect that the pressure sticker on the door pillar is the same as on 'basic' T5 vans - where there is a substantial difference between unladen and fully laden weights - though I must say I have not checked the stickers out - not that obsessional . . . .yet.

But the fact is that Calis run at well over the unladen weight all the time, with all the extra kit, so I tend towards the upper end of the range all the time.

Lewis

Cheers Lewis makes sense, gonna get pumping up tomorrow!!