Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TYRES

Old Sid

Old Sid

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Our T6 Ocean is now about 2 ½ years old and the front tyres will need to be replaced very soon. It currently has Bridgestone Turanza ER300.
I could simply replace them with the same type but I'm aware that there might be better tyres available around the same price. Has anyone any advice or experience?

Our T6 Ocean is now about 2 ½ years old and the front tyres will need to be replaced very soon. It currently has Bridgestone Turanza ER300.
I could simply replace them with the same type but I'm aware that there might be better tyres available around the same price. Has anyone any advice or experience?

Happy to be corrected however tyres are always a very personal choice. IMO it depends on where you are going/live/intend to go/use your California and how much miles/km you are going to drive.
I am happy with my Continental Van Contact 200 (255/55 R17) I run about 15-20k km/summer season (April - October) then change to winter tyres. I usually drive on normal roads around the alps.
121ea75f027789e0467ec53b3eb91803.jpg

Friend of mine is very happy with the Michelin Latitude Cross (18‘) as shown in the following picture:
ccea839cfe735520afe75d4a9684a286.jpg

Yes I'm also happy with the ContiVanContact 200 tyres, although these are rated as a summer tyre. I have looked around and found that the majority of the 'chain' tyre outlets, tend to market the 100 version only of these tyres.

On doing some reading, I have learnt the ContiVanContact 100 tyres are harder wearing and designed for commercial vans (aka VW Transporter), whereas the ContiVanContact 200 is designed for the People carrying (PSV) vans (and California) and provide a softer ride.

I'm going to start using steel wheels plus winter Continental tyres for the winter months now. These will provide better stopping and grip when we need them.

Yes I'm also happy with the ContiVanContact 200 tyres, although these are rated as a summer tyre. I have looked around and found that the majority of the 'chain' tyre outlets, tend to market the 100 version only of these tyres.

On doing some reading, I have learnt the ContiVanContact 100 tyres are harder wearing and designed for commercial vans (aka VW Transporter), whereas the ContiVanContact 200 is designed for the People carrying (PSV) vans (and California) and provide a softer ride.

I'm going to start using steel wheels plus winter Continental tyres for the winter months now. These will provide better stopping and grip when we need them.

Thank you Alan! Good to know about the 100/200
I also got the Conti Winter ones in 215/65 R16 Cso I can fit some chains
bebd11586d9dd0700423694b12203848.jpg

b51bbcaa41f7262f8ba80072b97a0453.jpg

Last edited: