Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Underside plastic trim / cover

J

jemikenewman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not sure what has gone on here. The plastic cover under my T6 Beach adjacent to the front passenger wheel has dropped / been forced down. I thought that it would be an easy to re-secure, but it doesn’t want to go back into what I assume is the original position. Has anyone got any ideas? Thank you.

4D35E10D-49C5-4B65-8EB3-6ED825A5C689.jpeg

BEE4A328-7BCE-453B-8321-82130EF1DECE.jpeg

9F4AB561-937B-46A6-9960-92F6A7342335.jpeg

Not sure what has gone on here. The plastic cover under my T6 Beach adjacent to the front passenger wheel has dropped / been forced down. I thought that it would be an easy to re-secure, but it doesn’t want to go back into what I assume is the original position. Has anyone got any ideas? Thank you.

View attachment 82961

View attachment 82962

View attachment 82963
I would remove the whole piece, they are in multiple parts, so just remove the fixings required to take out that part. Then I would use a hair dryer on high or a heat gun on low to gently heat the area that has been pulled out of shape. The material should naturally return to near its original state.

It is a common issue. Often caused by driving through deep puddle or standing water..

I've had it happen 2 times on our Cali.

It looked like that VW did not use all the fixing points on ours, so I've now added extra fastenings. Touch wood seems to have done the job.

As has been suggested remove panel. Check over. Do any repairs/replace fastenings. Reassemble. See if you can add an extra fastener or two.

I now carry a couple of small bungie cords just in case.

Back