Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Unofficial lunchtime/afternoon near Basingstoke Sunday 3/12 from 11am

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
To be held at the Four Horseshoes Pub, Sherfield on Loddon, a venue which is just off the A33 and is easily accessible from J6 of the M3 or J11 of the M4.

The pub landlord has a T5 conversion himself and is keen for the Calis to show a presence.

If you would like to book a table for lunch then please phone the pub directly otherwise I think that they have food which could be eaten in the van.

There is a reasonable car park to the front and side of the pub and plenty of parking on the road or in the village car park which is just opposite.

Lots of nice dog walks in the area too and camping is available about 20 minutes away at the very aptly named California Chalet and Touring Park. I haven't visited the site but have called them and they are open all year and accept bookings of one night or more. The information can be found at

www.californiaholidaypark.com

Details of the pub are as follows:

The Four Horseshoes Pub
Reading Road
Sherfield on Loddon
Hampshire
RG27 0EX

Tel 01256 882296

www.the4horseshoes.co.uk

If you need any info please message me or EddieEagle. It would be helpful if you could say if you are coming so that we can give the pub some idea of numbers.

Gillianc

Last edited:
Excellent news, although we can probably only pop in and say hi we are catching the Eurostar later in the day to meet up with some friends. Luckily we live next door in Chineham so it isn't too far out of the way for us.

If any one wants more info about the Four Horseshoes, the village and surrounding area then please message myself, or Gillian.
Look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited:
Just got back after some more research on the meet at the Four Horseshoes this Sunday.
As well as good beers, some cracking pizzas and a good lunch menu they do a Sunday roast beef, pork or lamb shanks, also nutroast roast. Nice area out front and room for us inside. Booking may be advisable though....01256 882296 or let us know if you would like a table and we can book it.
11:00 hrs. ish as there is a junior football match kicking off at 12:00 hrs. on the village pitch opposite. We should have plenty of room in the pub car park. Hope to see you there. Now for my afternoon nap to sleep off the research. This retirement malarky is harder than I expected!!

Last edited:
If you are at a loose end today and fancy an outing in the Cali, come and meet us at Sherfield on Loddon!
Can’t promise sunshine unfortunately but there will be a warm welcome.

Have a great day guys, I am stuck at work until 4pm ! Look forward to seeing some pics.

Thank you to the four VWCC vans that came to the meet today.
Shame there weren’t more members there but I really enjoyed it.
So, do you think that Jo will be persuaded to get a Cali? I suspect her heart is with the Cascade but it will be interesting to see it when it arrives.

Nice to have met you all today, an exclusive gathering!
Thanks to the Four Horseshoes for some lovely food and thanks to Gillian for the idea.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks to Gill & Co today ! Nice to meet some friendly faces; looking forward to the next one..... Cheers :bananadance2

So good to see you both again today.
Hope it won't be too long before the next one!