Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Gloucester afternoon get together - November 1st

Hi martin I have had my spare stolen and had to buy a new one with tyre so not pleased at all. Could you bring me a sparesafe thingy as well as my cables. It's turning into an expensive week. See you all sunday

Will do, I will add this to the list, if anyone wants anything else please let Kev, David or myself know before Saturday.

Also, don't forget Nick from Comfortz will be doing some deals on pre orders ..

Not had much luck getting through the pub to book a spot, phone just seems to ring out but Ill keep trying they are probably just busy.

If we can't get a spot Im sure we can find somewhere nearby :)

Not had much luck getting through the pub to book a spot, phone just seems to ring out but Ill keep trying they are probably just busy.

If we can't get a spot Im sure we can find somewhere nearby :)

Any luck with getting booked in Matt?

Just booked carvery for 12.00. No problems getting through to pub.looking forward to meet . Don't laugh at us sorting van out as 1st ever night in a Cali.

It will be our first night as well Speleo62 so we will have to learn very fast. See you there, Simon

If anyone wants any 907 gas cylinders, I have just two left, they are over half full and come with carry handles and ideal as a spare... £25 if collecting from the meet :thumb

I hope you all have a wonderful, lovely, enjoyable time ...

Without me :(

I had a long-arranged engagement this weekend which I was told Tuesday was having to be re-arranged so was toying with the thought of getting to Gloucester.

Now sadly other issues have intervened ....

Not got through and now out in meetings for the next few days.

I may just turn up and try. :)
I spoke to the Pub a few days ago MattBW and they seemed very happy and laid back about it all. They said that they have opened the campsite up for us so there should be lots of room there.
The food they also didn't seem concerned about either, just said there would be plenty.
Hope you can make it, would be nice to put a face to an Avatar. Best wishes Simon

I hope you all have a wonderful, lovely, enjoyable time ...

Without me :(

I had a long-arranged engagement this weekend which I was told Tuesday was having to be re-arranged so was toying with the thought of getting to Gloucester.

Now sadly other issues have intervened ....
No chance of us persuading you is there GrannyJen? Would be very nice to meet you.
Best wishes Simon

If anyone wants any 907 gas cylinders, I have just two left, they are over half full and come with carry handles and ideal as a spare... £25 if collecting from the meet :thumb
Can you put me one on please Martin - I need a spare!

No chance of us persuading you is there GrannyJen? Would be very nice to meet you.
Best wishes Simon

Please please try and come GrannyJen, we missed you at COTF as well

I would love to but not very well at the moment. Simple dental procedure has left me with a bone infection.

Some of my students prayers have obviously been heard :sad

I can hardly speak:shocked

If anyone attending wants anything from the forum shop please let me know and I will bring it along.
Hi David,
Could I please ask you to bring along:
a grey Cali front curtain set bag
and also one of those blue bags for keeping the 25m hook up cable in.
Many thanks
Paul

Afternoon meet near Cheltenham/Tewksbury ( Riverside camping also available)

The Lower Lode Inn is Picturesque a country pub and campsite situated on the banks of the rover Severn, camping pitches have both river and countryside views.

Location: LowerLode Inn, Forthampton (Nr Tewkesbury) Gloucestershire GL19 4RE
Date: Sunday 1st November
Camping: Yes - Available onsite either Saturday or Sunday

Online Reviews:
Trip Advisor
UK Campsite

Meet at around 1pm in the pub car park ( we have our own designated area)

Nick from Comfortz will also be attending this meet if you want to view any of his products and if you require anything from the Club shop you will receive a 10% discount if collecting on the day.

*** Please RSVP as we need to advise the site on Numbers: http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/gloucestershire-afternoon-meet.7/

CVH_3198SevernSevern.jpg

View attachment 10463
Afternoon meet near Cheltenham/Tewksbury ( Riverside camping also available)

The Lower Lode Inn is Picturesque a country pub and campsite situated on the banks of the rover Severn, camping pitches have both river and countryside views.

Location: LowerLode Inn, Forthampton (Nr Tewkesbury) Gloucestershire GL19 4RE
Date: Sunday 1st November
Camping: Yes - Available onsite either Saturday or Sunday

Online Reviews:
Trip Advisor
UK Campsite

Meet at around 1pm in the pub car park ( we have our own designated area)

Nick from Comfortz will also be attending this meet if you want to view any of his products and if you require anything from the Club shop you will receive a 10% discount if collecting on the day.

*** Please RSVP as we need to advise the site on Numbers: http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/gloucestershire-afternoon-meet.7/

CVH_3198SevernSevern.jpg

View attachment 10463
What do you do at these meets? I am on my own and new to Cali there stuff going on or does everyone know everyone else already?

I think it is usually a mixture of jousting, bare knuckle fighting and egg and spoon races.

Although I haven't made it to a meet yet either so I could be wrong!

Hi Suzie this is a very informal meet I have been to most meets and don't recognise many names on the list.there are a few members using their cali's for the very first time. There is nothing planned as such just turn up meet other owners,have a drink in the pub or walk by the river.
That's it really
Cheers kev

What do you do at these meets? I am on my own and new to Cali there stuff going on or does everyone know everyone else already?

Hi Suzie - I can only speak for what we hope to find. We are totally new to the Cali having only owned it for 7 days. We are hoping to get lots of ideas of what extras are useful and how to use the space to it's best advantage. We also haven't met anyone face to face yet, but are hoping to put faces to the people who have been so friendly and helpful whilst we waited 2½ months to be able to collect the Cali from the dealership.
I would imagine that quite a number of the "old hands" will be happy to advise and stop us making silly mistakes in buying things we don't really need or doing things in the wrong way.
I understand that there are others who are new and at least one other Cali that is having it's first overnight stay.
We are looking forward to meeting you there.
Best wishes Helen & Simon

I would love to but not very well at the moment. Simple dental procedure has left me with a bone infection.

Some of my students prayers have obviously been heard :sad

I can hardly speak:shocked

Sorry to hear this GrannyJen. It would have been nice to have met you, but quite understand.
There are few things more painful than dental based ones.
I hope we shall meet up with you somewhere sometime next year.

I can only speak for what we hope to find. We are totally new to the Cali having only owned it for 7 days. We are hoping to get lots of ideas of what extras are useful and how to use the space to it's best advantage. We also haven't met anyone face to face yet, but are hoping to put faces to the people who have been so friendly and helpful whilst we waited 2½ months to be able to collect the Cali from the dealership.
I would imagine that quite a number of the "old hands" will be happy to advise and stop us making silly mistakes in buying things you don't really need or doing things in the wrong way.
I understand that there are others who are new and at least one other
We are looking forward to meeting you there. Helen & Simon

If anyone attending wants anything from the forum shop please let me know and I will bring it along.
I have already requested a spare safe via Martin, but could you please add to that a grey Cali front curtain set bag and also one of those blue bags for keeping the 25m hook up cable in.
Many thanks David,
Best wishes Simon

Looks like this is going to turn into a nice weekend - I'm looking forward to it :thumb

I'll have the Cali Cozy on display if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Hopefully I'll have my new facelift front end on the Cali by this point! :D
Sounds interesting. How much are they?

Hi Suzie we have been to a few club meets and always different people there and eveyone is very very friendly and made to eel welcome. This is certianly not a Clique group. Hope you come along

Im glad to say Im able to make the meet and have booked lunch and staying sunday night.
If anybody would like an aeropress coffee maker let me know and i will bring one for you.
for the meet i will do them at £22.50p which is about 10% cheaper than our usual price and will also save you the postage.