Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade to leather?

SteveM

SteveM

VIP Member
My seats are starting to look a little grubby! I wish the new athracite covering had been an option when I bought....... I also never went for seat covers as originally as it was just the brandrup ones that were available at a huge cost.

I had noticed that VW has leather seat accessory packs available at pretty much the same cost as the brandrup covers (and I had always thought I would prefer to go down that route if required). So here is the question. There is a leather accessory pack available for the caravelle, but not the beach. To me it seems there would no difference between my beach seats (7 seater) and a caravelle with a sleep pack. Does anyone know of any techincal difference that would prevent me fitting this pack?

Thanks

Steve.

Californiaman - Was yours installed with one of these packs? I would be very interested in a photo as the ones in the brochure are tiny and if you are spending the sums of money these things cost it would be good to know what it will look like.

Anyone else had a VW or other leather upgrade?

Steve.

Hi had my Cali done this summer by Bristol firm called Transcal they work at the docks and do a leather package for under 1k I had front seats, bed ,arm rests, rear cushions in a nice two tone grey with the vw logo for about 1400 took them a day and very pleased with the job, :D a couple of the guys on this site have used them. I have all details if required at home, I will try and upload a pic, kind regards bill candycal

Hi,

On the brandrup website it says multivan/Caravelle UK for the second skin covers so I assume they are the same for the 7 seat configuration and will therefore fit the beach.
I'd also like to add that we have the second skin and they fit like a glove, no one can tell that seat covers are fitted. I am not easily pleased but this product is outstanding and keeps the original look and feel (arm rest covers are the only thing that's not 100%).

//Martin.

Billtinsley said:
Hi had my Cali done this summer by Bristol firm called Transcal they work at the docks and do a leather package for under 1k I had front seats, bed ,arm rests, rear cushions in a nice two tone grey with the vw logo for about 1400 took them a day and very pleased with the job, :D a couple of the guys on this site have used them. I have all details if required at home, I will try and upload a pic, kind regards bill candycal
If you go to my photos you will see the upgrade

photo.JPG

SteveM said:
Californiaman - Was yours installed with one of these packs? I would be very interested in a photo

No worries. These were single colour 'flat' if I remember correctly. The leather is just beginning to look in need of a polish after 18,000 miles and 270 nights.

YM0B4964Large_zpsbe43bc5c.jpg

YM0B4965Large_zps8efecc88.jpg

Attachments

• YM0B4964Large_zpsbe43bc5c.jpg
    YM0B4964Large_zpsbe43bc5c.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 46
  • YM0B4965Large_zps8efecc88.jpg
    YM0B4965Large_zps8efecc88.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 39
They look great.... thanks to both of you for sharing photos much appreciate it! Decision now required. @billtinsley how are yours wearing? That is my only concern about a non VW option.

Steve

Had them about 4 months now and look as good as first fitted, Transcal web site worth a look, they are the official VW leather supplier for upgrades, mike is the guy to talk to manager,also calikev on this site. Cheers bill

Back