Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs bed extension

C

CaliAM

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
Has anyone found a good way to extend the upstairs bed a little to enable a tall person to sleep without having to sleep diagonally?

Thanks
Ali

Hi
Has anyone found a good way to extend the upstairs bed a little to enable a tall person to sleep without having to sleep diagonally?

Thanks
Ali
Blimey, how tall are you?

I'm on the cusp at 1.93m so will also pinch a bit especially if the cupboard top is cold.

You could close the sliding cover a foot or so and prop your pillows on it?

I am a 6ft 9in, 23 stone rugby lad... The only way I can sleep comfortably is downstairs by myself and the wife upstairs. Sleeping upstairs means sleeping diagonally or putting excessive weight on the plastic hatch - I have popped it out of the runners on many occasions. Not designed with taller folk in mind... nothing ever is :(

I am a 6ft 9in, 23 stone rugby lad... The only way I can sleep comfortably is downstairs by myself and the wife upstairs. Sleeping upstairs means sleeping diagonally or putting excessive weight on the plastic hatch - I have popped it out of the runners on many occasions. Not designed with taller folk in mind... nothing ever is :(
I understand that VW only certify the Roof bed to 150 Kgms, so at 23 stone { 146 Kgm ) you must have a very, very slim { tiny } wife or have been extremely lucky. ;)

Have you tried putting the pillow shaped thingy located by the feet over the plastic slatted door half closed? I think that fits nicely, and the feet won't mind the "hole".

Solution: Made an 8 inch hardboard extension that fits from one side of the van to the other.....bit of bead top end to stop the pillows falling off, covered it in material...... If anyone needs the loo in the night, it means waking up the other person, but I think that's normal in van life....

Solution: Made an 8 inch hardboard extension that fits from one side of the van to the other.....bit of bead top end to stop the pillows falling off, covered it in material...... If anyone needs the loo in the night, it means waking up the other person, but I think that's normal in van life....
Any pictures?

Back