Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Used California LWB High Top Wanted (Top only)

B

Brian Costello

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Greetings, I have a 1997 camper with an aftermarket high top. I'd like to replace it with a factory California high top. Any leads towards finding one in a breaker yard would be appreciated. Thanks. Brian

Hi Brian,
where are you based? Colchester UK or (VT, USA?)...
If UK you could try these guys, though despite their name I'm not sure how many actual 'Calis' they break:
But they might be able to help...

Good luck, I guess they're as rare as rocking horse poop!

VW considered a LWB Cali high top but never produced it commercially. So not sure what you are after.

Hi Brian,
where are you based? Colchester UK or (VT, USA?)...
If UK you could try these guys, though despite their name I'm not sure how many actual 'Calis' they break:
But they might be able to help...

Good luck, I guess they're as rare as rocking horse poop!
Thanks! I'm in Vermont, USA. I just sent Calicampers an inquiry.

VW considered a LWB Cali high top but never produced it commercially. So not sure what you are after.
They did, T4 California Exclusive and T4 California Club were both LWB and high top.:thumb

They did, T4 California Exclusive and T4 California Club were both LWB and high top.:thumb
Worth noting the Exclusive mated to a unique and fixed replacement 'tailgate', whereas the Club had a regular tailgate. The clubs were earlier than the exclusives so more likely to find one at the end of its life (although rocking horse poo would be an easier search).

Those are nice, too, but I'm loyal to Westfalias. Mine now has a similar, but cheapo top.
IMG_20181103_170345274.jpg

Your best bet will be in Germany, though a LWB roof will be difficult to find.
I found a SWB example:

Another user of the site is searching for such a roof (again SWB):

You could try a similar approach...

This website is a treasure trove of old California parts...

Good luck!

Greetings, I have a 1997 camper with an aftermarket high top. I'd like to replace it with a factory California high top. Any leads towards finding one in a breaker yard would be appreciated. Thanks. Brian
Without sounding presumtious but why?

Your best bet will be in Germany, though a LWB roof will be difficult to find.
I found a SWB example:

Another user of the site is searching for such a roof (again SWB):

You could try a similar approach...

This website is a treasure trove of old California parts...

Good luck!
That's exactly what I want, but $4500, yikes! Hoping shipping one across the Atlantic isn't out of sight, too. A swb top would work for me if it fits.

To make an upstairs bed possibly?
I've had pop tops. I love the high tops for all-weather camping, and the full headroom full time. I need to take my cheap top off for repairs, and I figured that I'd look into the availability of a Cali top. Yes, I'd gain a bed, plus lots more headroom and storage, and windows.

That's exactly what I want, but $4500, yikes! Hoping shipping one across the Atlantic isn't out of sight, too. A swb top would work for me if it fits.
Genuine parts for these vans are rising in value the more scarce they become... A complete undamaged roof (especially for a LWB) will for sure demand a high price.
Its a bulky item, I guess shipping wouldn't be cheap...
If the SWB roof would fit your van will depend on how big the aftermarket roof is on yours - and the opening that one leaves.

Back