Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Used cali's

Think you sold at exactly the right time muttley. We have been monitoring sales of T5 for the last 2 yrs.
Last spring/ early summer T5 were being sold very quickly . In fact we phoned up about a few . Same story each time besieged by calls/ emails.
Definite slow down since the introduction of the T6 .

Last edited:
New model appears, big interest and waiting list, not long after launch and rise in popularity price increase, affordability for a lot of people doesn't stretch to new model, well specced "reasonably priced" outgoing model remains popular. Prices of new Calis have risen dramatically in the last few years, you cannot get a bargain price used Cali ( this time of year), if you think private prices are high look at the VW site for used Calis. How can they themselves hope to get 45-48k for a T5 when they are discounting the T6 orders to similar prices.

Last edited:
I disagree, if they were worth these stupid prices surely they would of been snapped up, quite a few of them up for sale have been on this website since before Christmas, when vans do come up for sale at the correct price they sell instantly. Why would anyone in their right frame of mind pay over £41k for a 2012 SE? This probably has little or no warranty remaining.

We have paid less than £7k more than this for a brand new T6 with a 5 year warranty !

NO BRAINER!
If your after a bargain then good for you, I typically find that I pay what I'm happy with. I value my time and effort too much to hunt for deals on most things.
I agree there should be a life span and after x amount of weeks it freezes for updating.
I like to compare prices too however asking prices are generally close to what its worth. There are some higher mileage/ older exceptions.

I think by the end of this year we will see a drop in prices on the T5 version only as prices are way too close at the moment, if you could get a T6 for an extra few grand you would strtetch yourself rather than buy a T5. I think autumn time will be when prices stabalise.

I think by the end of this year we will see a drop in prices on the T5 version only as prices are way too close at the moment, if you could get a T6 for an extra few grand you would strtetch yourself rather than buy a T5. I think autumn time will be when prices stabalise.
It's possible, however over the long term we may see the T5 prices staying reasonably firm and instead find that the price that you would end up paying for a T6 rising considerably. There are several factors that may cause this to happen:

1. There is already talk of a forthcoming VW price rise.
2. The new VED changes coming into force next spring will add considerable cost to buying and running a new Cali.
3. It has been said on this forum that dealers are quickly using up their allocation of new T6 Calis. If this is true and VW don't increase production then dealers will almost certainly decide to either reduce or stop offering discounts. Why would they if stock becomes difficult to source.
4. The current incentives to buy a VW following the emissions scandal, (e.g cheap extended warrantees, servicing deals and loyalty bonus etc) may be gradually phased out as the issue becomes history. VW now needs to save money somewhere, lots of it!
5. The pound may be affected by the EU referendum result and we may end up paying more to buy new cars.

Points 1 and 2 will happen. Point 3 and 4 may happen and point 5, well who knows? But my conclusion is that the cost of buying and owning a new T6 is going to continue to rise and very probably quite steeply. If this happens then I cannot see the prices of second hand vehicles rapidly dropping.

Last edited:
From this weekend for sale adverts will only run for a maximum of 6 weeks :thumb

I notice two vans are still for sale that were on here when I was looking back in the autumn last year !!!

They must be overpriced. This is the main reason we have now gone for a times add maximum 6 weeks before it needs to be readvertised and payed for again
This hopefully will encourage more realistic prices

They must be overpriced. This is the main reason we have now gone for a times add maximum 6 weeks before it needs to be readvertised and payed for again
This hopefully will encourage more realistic prices
I'm about to run out of my six week block and it's not sold yet.
Don't think I'm overpriced and so it's quite tough to pay another £30 for another block of advertising.
Do you think it might be worth having a cheaper price for those wanting to renew?
I think I'll be trying auto trader if it stays as high as it is to renew the advert.

Hi Dave,

This is a glitch that we are aware of and are trying to fix. If your advert expires you can only renew on the same package ( the only way round this is to create a new advert from scratch)

One thing I can say is we did sell around 12 Cali's in the past 30 days so people are still certainly looking

Hi Dave,

This is a glitch that we are aware of and are trying to fix. If your advert expires you can only renew on the same package ( the only way round this is to create a new advert from scratch)

One thing I can say is we did sell around 12 Cali's in the past 30 days so people are still certainly looking
Thanks martin. So what should I do if I want to keep the advert on?
Hoping someone might bite soon. Had five or six people contacting me and asking but no views in person or even haggling over price. Hmmm.
Yellow is for the bold!

Would it be possible to keep the sold ads on for a little while, this could guide other owners and potential customers some idea of selling prices??

It
Would it be possible to keep the sold ads on for a little while, this could guide other owners and potential customers some idea of selling prices??

We are not able to do this now as the sellers can now remove their adverts once sold, we have no power over this .. sorry

Back