Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van movement when trying to sleep

Yes, I've had van rocking problems when trying to sleep from day one. I've tried various solutions but best so far is bottle jacks on each (of the four) jacking points.
You will probably need to make a connector that fits the jack top and the jacking point as most bottle jacks don't fit directly. You also need a plate to spread the load under the jack.
On soft ground you will still some get rocking.
Is it a faff? Yes. Is it worth the effort? I think so. 5-10 minutes or so of messing around results in a vastly better night's sleep.

If you suffer from this problem it's due to:-
1. Insufficient physical exercise during day.
2. Insufficient C2H5OH in the evening.

Fix those 2 items and the problem goes away, to be replaced by more frequent nightime visits to the loo.

If you suffer from this problem it's due to:-
1. Insufficient physical exercise during day.
2. Insufficient C2H5OH in the evening.

Fix those 2 items and the problem goes away, to be replaced by more frequent nightime visits to the loo.
and add ear plugs and eye mask in summer

Never needed them.:thumb
light sleeper, ear plugs ( industrial) good for winter storms & thunderstorms that wake the house dwellers it seems :)
Summer the cali blinds just are not good enough in the rear for me.

light sleeper, ear plugs ( industrial) good for winter storms & thunderstorms that wake the house dwellers it seems :)
Summer the cali blinds just are not good enough in the rear for me.
During my trip to Norway never used the windscreen and front window blinds. Leftover from 40+ yrs of On-Call. Sleep anywhere, anytime.

Back