Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VB Air suspension on t6.1

rabshakeh

rabshakeh

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We got our vb-air suspension installed, with auto level support.

The improvement in driving is significant, smoother and tighter in turns and more stable when passing trucks.

Anybody know how to calibrate the vw level indicator in the t6.1? it’s slightly off now.

1371AAA5-1BB6-48AB-920F-1CF287111C68.jpeg

5DA73DDD-4464-446E-800A-B51866822AD4.jpeg

5558B87A-534E-4014-A155-01C74E4B52CC.jpeg

094B58A1-E48F-4CE2-A1C0-CE712FF35C97.jpeg

WTH is it doing a wheelie constantly ?

WTH is it doing a wheelie constantly ?
Apologies for any confusion, but it adapts to the surface it's on and attempts to level the floor area, ensuring it's balanced. In both instances, it needed to elevate the front and lower the back. While in driving mode, it appears the same as vehicles with standard suspension. Additionally, you can lower all wheels to enter car parks or raise them to accommodate ferry transportation, for example.

Apologies for any confusion, but it adapts to the surface it's on and attempts to level the floor area, ensuring it's balanced. In both instances, it needed to elevate the front and lower the back. While in driving mode, it appears the same as vehicles with standard suspension. Additionally, you can lower all wheels to enter car parks or raise them to accommodate ferry transportation, for example.
Had me worried there for a momento !

I was going to have VB, but after driving the MY23 4Motion the factory suspension is really great !
Couldn’t justify the £5k cost !

I was going to have VB, but after driving the MY23 4Motion the factory suspension is really great !
Couldn’t justify the £5k cost !
I have to agree, the price is steep. I got it on my van because there's no other way I could fit it in the garage in my apartment bloc. But I have to say I love it.
  • You can lower it for car parks. My garage is 1.98m, and it fits with plenty of space to spare
  • You can set it to sport mode when driving on the motorway or decent roads, definitely drives nicer
  • More planted on the twisties on mountain roads in lowered mode too
  • Can be raised over standard height when off-road or on snow
  • And the best, arrive on location, push a button, and the van is nice and level in about a minute.
Would I get it if I didn't need it for the garage? really hard to justify if I'm honest, but it is a really cool piece of kit. VW should offer it as a factory order.

I have to agree, the price is steep. I got it on my van because there's no other way I could fit it in the garage in my apartment bloc. But I have to say I love it.
  • You can lower it for car parks. My garage is 1.98m, and it fits with plenty of space to spare
  • You can set it to sport mode when driving on the motorway or decent roads, definitely drives nicer
  • And the best, arrive on location, push a button, and the van is nice and level in about a minute.
Would I get it if I didn't need it for the garage? really hard to justify if I'm honest, but it is a really cool piece of kit. VW should offer it as a factory order.
It's great to hear that! We're heading out for a trip this weekend, and I'm excited to see how our vehicle performs on the road. By the way, I was wondering if you could help me out with a question. Does your VW camping display's spirit level meter show 0 degrees when the VB-Air levels the car? Mine seems to be slightly off, and I'm curious if there's a way to reset the VW system, considering that the VB-Air system is properly calibrated.

It's great to hear that! We're heading out for a trip this weekend, and I'm excited to see how our vehicle performs on the road. By the way, I was wondering if you could help me out with a question. Does your VW camping display's spirit level meter show 0 degrees when the VB-Air levels the car? Mine seems to be slightly off, and I'm curious if there's a way to reset the VW system, considering that the VB-Air system is properly calibrated.
I have a T6, no spirit level in the display there. But it's not needed, as I just arrive, push the button, and if the van is not level, I cannot tell so good enough for me.

I have a T6, no spirit level in the display there. But it's not needed, as I just arrive, push the button, and if the van is not level, I cannot tell so good enough for me.
Thank you

Hi all - Does anyone have experience with Dynamic Chassis Control on a T6.1 and then going to VB Air Suspension? I understand DCC will no longer function with VB installed and that VB offers far greater height variations (DCC only lowers 20mm in Sport), auto levels.. all the cool Air stuff.

That said, is there anything DCC offers that VB doesn't which would sway you to stick with DCC (other than it already being paid for/installed)?

Hi all - Does anyone have experience with Dynamic Chassis Control on a T6.1 and then going to VB Air Suspension? I understand DCC will no longer function with VB installed and that VB offers far greater height variations (DCC only lowers 20mm in Sport), auto levels.. all the cool Air stuff.

That said, is there anything DCC offers that VB doesn't which would sway you to stick with DCC (other than it already being paid for/installed)?
It’s been discussed in here, if you are buying new, don’t spec DCC as they have to remove the struts.
Depends which 6.1 you are getting and what MY…

It’s been discussed in here, if you are buying new, don’t spec DCC as they have to remove the struts.
Depends which 6.1 you are getting and what MY…
Thanks, I'll run some more searches and see what I can find. It's a 2021 Beach Camper that the original owner specced with DCC. Nifty feature, but VB just seems next-level (no pun intended... well, sort of)

Do you have mud flaps fitted and if so do they affect the vb suspension at all?

Does anybody know how much weight is added. What does it do to the van warranty.

Back